My ex friend/ boyfriend re-deleted me on facebook?

JengleBells83

My ex and I broke up 8 months ago...we were really good friends for about 2 years prior...the breakup ended badly..BOTH of us crying for 2 hours on the phone bad...but 7 days later he started dating a girl 12 years his junior (shes 19, hes 31..and hes still with her). I was devastated. He pretty much ignored me, blocked me on facebook and hurt my feelings until about 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago, he had unblocked me from facebook...then I ended up seeing him at the bar that weekend..he was decent to me, we had a group hug, and i asked him how he was doing, he said "i'm ok, how are you"? the most ive gotten from him since we broke up..so i friend requested him on facebook...As did our mutual friend (our mutual friend introduced my ex and i, they were best friends before we broke up).

He had messaged our mutual friend and talked to her, basically saying 'do you think she (meaning me), can handle being friends?"...so a week later, he accepted both of our friend requests...neither one of us said anything rude or weird (i didnt say anything)...and less than a day later, he had deleted both of us as friends on there...we both asked him about it, saying I thought we were cool, what happened?" and neither of us got a response from him. I thought we were making progress...any insight into what happened here- could it be possible his girlfriend threw a fit about it...or was it possible that HE was the one who couldn't handle it?

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to retain friendships with ex's. He either feels the same way or maybe his new girl dies. Either way it really is the smart thing to do.

• Author
JengleBells83

yeah...but why would he re-delete our mutual best friend too? that part doesn't make sense...she didn't have anything to do with our breakup

nanbullen

I think his girlfriend threw a fit. That's the only thing that makes sense for him to delete both of you. Sorry your ex is such a jerk.

• Author
JengleBells83

Yeah, but isn't that a whole trust issue then? I never threw a fit when i was with him, and he had 2 exes that were his friends- hell i hung out with them and really liked them! ..i never had a problem with him hanging out with them when i wasn't around..because i trusted him!

seaside_shells

hi, i think his girlfriend got upset about it and got him to delete you, or perhaps she deleted you both herself. i think it is pointless being friends with proper exes. there will always be an intimate history there. it's better to give each other space to get on with your lives and find someone new. it's quite disrespectful and selfish to retain a friendship with an ex especially when you have a new relationship with someone else. i think that you should forget about what he's doing and move on to better things. if you feel someone has done wrong by you, walk away : )

Yeah, but isn't that a whole trust issue then? I never threw a fit when i was with him, and he had 2 exes that were his friends- hell i hung out with them and really liked them! ..i never had a problem with him hanging out with them when i wasn't around..because i trusted him!

yeah well everyone isn't like that.

my ex ex, befriended her ex while in our relationship, and i asked her about it (just casually like 'oh, i noticed you added your ex on facebook, what's that all about') and she said that he added her and that she just didn't want to be rude. i accepted that and didn't think anything of it. fast forward a few weeks, he starts commenting more and more on things on her facebook, and even saying a few things semi disrespectful to me (not directly, but flirtatious things when clearly i'm her bf). so i questioned her about that, and she says not to worry, what i see on facebook is the extent of their relationship. i accept that. fastforward more weeks, i find a letter in her email from him, which confirms that they indeed have been hanging out and discussing a possible future, that she's been lying to me, and that he's still head over heels in love with her and wants her back. that was obviously it, and she caves that she's very 'confused' blah blah blah, we break up, month or two later, she's back with him.

moral of the story, i will be very suspicious of my gfs adding exes to FB during our relationship in the future.

It really doesnt matter why he did what he did. He is not your problem any more. That is why they call them Ex. Stop reading his tea leaves and live your own life.

Block his number and his FB and anything else he uses to communicate with. That is the healthiest thing to do. Why all the drama? You dont need it. You need to heal and move on. The less you see or hear of him the better.