analyse this

Met with my ex 2 days ago, followed my intuition and sent her a msg. She replied the day after and said she has time the same day.

Meeting was short,

She changed her hair color and it is longer now.

To start the conversation I just told her I am going to give her the stuff I owed her, she was thankful for that.

I let her do the talking and she talked and talked, about her job mostly and some friends that I know, like who got a baby etc.

(towards the end of our relationship I was the one who talked for the most of the time so it felt ok for a change), just interupted to ask things and told her a couple things about myself after she asked me how I am but nothing in depth.

I was kinda tense but I tried to create a positive atmosphere, she was careful too.

She stressed she can't stay long and I said the same thing since I didn't want to stretch it too long. The whole thing lasted about 20 mins and we parted and she kissed me on the cheek.

11 months NC the whole time except right after the bu, exchanged "business mails" and that was it. I left her space and time, deleted all contacts with her, her fb and friends.

What do you guys make out of this?

Edited by immitable
Met with my ex 2 days ago, followed my intuition and sent her a msg. She replied the day after and said she has time the same day.

Meeting was short,

She changed her hair color and it is longer now.

To start the conversation I just told her I am going to give her the stuff I owed her, she was thankful for that.

I let her do the talking and she talked and talked, about her job mostly and some friends that I know, like who got a baby etc.

(towards the end of our relationship I was the one who talked for the most of the time so it felt ok for a change), just interupted to ask things and told her a couple things about myself after she asked me how I am but nothing in depth.

I was kinda tense but I tried to create a positive atmosphere, she was careful too.

She stressed she can't stay long and I said the same thing since I didn't want to stretch it too long. The whole thing lasted about 20 mins and we parted and she kissed me on the cheek.

11 months NC the whole time except right after the bu, exchanged "business mails" and that was it. I left her space and time, deleted all contacts with her, her fb and friends.

What do you guys make out of this?

I mean if she didn't want anything to do with you she would've got her stuff and got the **** out of there without being rude maybe. The fact that she was talking a lot compared to how she used to is maybe an indicator that she wanted to attract you.

You can't really analyse it much to be honest (even though I know you're going to, I did/do) but you will have to do the best you can to forget it and not dwell on it. She might get in contact again, she might not but it's out of your control.

• Like 1
BewitchedandBothered

Hi there; nothing to analyze here. You did great and kept it together and made peace. That's a good thing.

• Like 1

Keep your cool, immitable. You have an in. At least you two are talking and you're not crumpled up about things still, you know? If you want to engage her like this, you'll need to be patient. That's why when you've completely let go, you won't be analyzing her contact. You're just in touch. That way, you won't be affected when she doesn't reply, when you hear she's out with other guys, when she gets a boyfriend, etc.

Keep busy too. Stay engaged with your own interests. She's not your priority.

Keep cool. Don't overanalyze. Once you start feeling upset, pull away and decide if you want to stay casual contact with her or just move on.

• Like 1

Yeah, just reading your post felt uncomfortable, I can only imagine what it would have been like to actually have been there.

Look, she was uncomfortable, it's pretty obvious if she was rambling on and on about who has a baby now, how her job has been...blah...blah... trying desperately to keep the conversation as light as possible and kept on saying that she had to keep the visit short....that should have told you something right there.

Write her off and move on dude.