ex unblocked me on facebook?

desertsessions

kind of confused as to why? she blocked me i'd say about a year ago today. give or take. we ended things quite brutally. tried to stay in contact, but i was in no position to think normally. i was a absolute mess, probably the lowest point i had ever been in my life. during the relationship it caused me to lie about miniscule things, i thought she cared about. but in reality, she probably wouldn't have cared at all. i was my own worst enemy.

since ive matured quite a bit, and yes i do feel bad for how i treated her back in the day. she trusted me and i was a total prick. not something i'm happy about because she truthfully was awfully good to me. it's weird cause as of recently, i was going to send her stuff back to her and send her some money i've owed her for ages saying sorry for being an extremely selfish person back in the day.

we have some common friends on facebook, and i was just surprised to see her in the news feed. meaning she had unblocked me. I have no idea why on earth she would...she had every reason to block my ass and leave it blocked forever.

BewitchedandBothered
kind of confused as to why? she blocked me i'd say about a year ago today. give or take. we ended things quite brutally. tried to stay in contact, but i was in no position to think normally. i was a absolute mess, probably the lowest point i had ever been in my life. during the relationship it caused me to lie about miniscule things, i thought she cared about. but in reality, she probably wouldn't have cared at all. i was my own worst enemy.

since ive matured quite a bit, and yes i do feel bad for how i treated her back in the day. she trusted me and i was a total prick. not something i'm happy about because she truthfully was awfully good to me. it's weird cause as of recently, i was going to send her stuff back to her and send her some money i've owed her for ages saying sorry for being an extremely selfish person back in the day.

we have some common friends on facebook, and i was just surprised to see her in the news feed. meaning she had unblocked me. I have no idea why on earth she would...she had every reason to block my ass and leave it blocked forever.

She probably made peace with the situation. I've had people unblock me that kept me blocked for several months to a year. Yes, they have to be making a special effort to think of you to release that block, but.....being that time has passed, I wouldn't' read much into it other than she is over the past.

• Author
desertsessions
Maybe she now wants you to see what she's up to? New bf, marriage, etc?

yeah i thought this at first, but if that was the case it would be displayed on her facebook for me to see. plus, i think she knows after a year, it's not like i'd be checking to constantly see if she unblocked me. i just happened to see in the news feed that she did.

she always was a kind caring person, so maybe as the first person said has just come to terms with everything. I mean, i guess it's not uncommon for a past ex to get curious as to what someone they spent nearly two years of their lives with has been up too.

Who cares why. Does it really matter? She is your X for a reason.

Why do you even care and why did you check?

Just block her and be done with it. Trust me, it will be the best thing for you and her both.

• Like 2
as i stated earlier, i didn't check. what's wrong with being curious?

Why be curious? What do you want from her?

as i stated earlier, i didn't check. what's wrong with being curious?

Nothing wrong with being curious unless it gets you thinking and then it hurts. If you are really that curious, ask her. I don't recommend it but that is really the only way to find out, no?

It really doesn't matter why she unblocked you. What really matters is whether you are over her. Sounds to me like you are not. Work on yourself. She is gone. Forget about her. Good luck!

• Like 2
Who cares why. Does it really matter? She is your X for a reason.

Why do you even care and why did you check?

Just block her and be done with it. Trust me, it will be the best thing for you and her both.

I disagree G. He didn't do his best as a boyfriend when they split, and that chased her out the door. I see plenty of people in here who love to run with the story my ex dumped me and will NEVER do better blah, blah, blah, but I don't believe that 100% of the people in here are innocent victims, nor do their descriptions of events fit that either. This guy is sensing a chance that maybe he could at least make amends, and even make peace with a girl he screwed up with. That means a lot, when you get the chance to do that, when you know you really screwed up.

• Like 3

I know that i am looking down the road but i am hoping of unblocking and refriending my ex after about a year. I hope by then i will have moved on and could be civil with my ex. I think it also depends on whether my ex will still be in his new relationship. Maybe your ex is willing and wanting to try and rekindle things?

PegNosePete
as i stated earlier, i didn't check

So how do you know she unblocked you?

You don't see friends of friends updates in your news feed.

My guess is that she is over you and what you do in your life, no longer has an effect on her. After a year it should be the same for you. I know after a year I wouldn't be bothered checking an ex Facebook, let alone know if she unblocked me or not. Think about it..

• Like 1
  • Author
desertsessions

I don't mean to be rude, but do you people (or some) not read? haha. I didn't check up on her...We have common friends on facebook...so if she comments on one of their statuses. I see it, I know i was blocked before so i would never see that stuff. Meaning sometime i guess recently, she unblocked me.

I am long over everything, but still...she was a nice girl, and i feel i did her wrong by being a real ass. I am confused because, i don't see why she would unblock me. Even if she did forgive me, it just seems easier to not go out of your way to unblock someone. I'm not going to ask her about it though. Don't care enough too.

Edited by desertsessions

Well apparently you do care, otherwise you would not have posted here about it.

My suggestion: Leave her be. You said yourself that you did her wrong.

Let her find a better guy that she deserves. Block her and stay out of her life completely. That's the best thing you could do for her.

I don't mean to be rude, but do you people (or some) not read? haha. I didn't check up on her...We have common friends on facebook...so if she comments on one of their statuses. I see it, I know i was blocked before so i would never see that stuff. Meaning sometime i guess recently, she unblocked me.

Look, if you blocked her, she is invisible to you. You shouldn't be able to see f**k all! It doesn't matter who blocked whom. As long as one is blocked, it doesn't matter if you have mutual friends. You are invisible to each other. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Please!

• Like 2
Look, if you blocked her, she is invisible to you. You shouldn't be able to see f**k all! It doesn't matter who blocked whom. As long as one is blocked, it doesn't matter if you have mutual friends. You are invisible to each other. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Please!

That is absolutely correct.

My understanding is that she blocked him and then unblocked him. He never blocked her even though he should have. My guess is that he likes playing games otherwise this thread would not even exist. That may even be the case with her as well. Why would she go out of her way to un block him? That would serve no useful purpose other than send him a message "Im still here and I want attention".

Personally if somebody did me wrong they do not deserve even three clicks of a mouse to do that and they dont need to know my business.

Either way its a non issue. If he really cares about her he needs to block her and be done with this. My guess is we will be seeing another thread soon about her befriending him again and some inevitable drama will ensue.

• Like 2
  • Author
desertsessions

there's no games on my side being played what so ever. i think blocking people is silly, and would never even go that far. if i don't want to talk to someone, i simply just won't talk to them.

you guys seem kind of bitter? i guess it's common for some people that have gone through a tough break up. i feel i am over the relationship enough to not care if she says anything, and i know she probably won't anyways. if she did happen to, i am in a lot better of a position to be a mature person about things than i used to be.

if things happened like that, sure, i might be interested in trying again as i remember she was a really good girl, and we had a lot of fun.

I don't think you guys should hold so much bitterness in your hearts, maybe you guys just know what's best for yourselves and i won't try to convince otherwise. but for me, i feel communication could work this time around, and that is why i asked why would someone that i thought hated me, unblocked me.

like you say...why would someone who doesn't deserve three clicks of a mouse get unblocked? Either way, your criticism and opinion is welcomed.

Edited by desertsessions

She blocked me but i re-creat my FB and then, i found out that, that doesn't matter about "block" or not... that is about your mind, not her mind, and then i could see her picture profile but that isn't bother me anymore....

there's no games on my side being played what so ever. i think blocking people is silly, and would never even go that far. if i don't want to talk to someone, i simply just won't talk to them.

you guys seem kind of bitter? i guess it's common for some people that have gone through a tough break up. i feel i am over the relationship enough to not care if she says anything, and i know she probably won't anyways. if she did happen to, i am in a lot better of a position to be a mature person about things than i used to be.

if things happened like that, sure, i might be interested in trying again as i remember she was a really good girl, and we had a lot of fun.

I don't think you guys should hold so much bitterness in your hearts, maybe you guys just know what's best for yourselves and i won't try to convince otherwise. but for me, i feel communication could work this time around, and that is why i asked why would someone that i thought hated me, unblocked me.

like you say...why would someone who doesn't deserve three clicks of a mouse get unblocked? Either way, your criticism and opinion is welcomed.

I don't think we're bitter. I think we both are just wondering why you don't just ask her if you're so curious. Your asking a bunch of strangers on the internet will never give you the correct answer.

I recently blocked a girl, and I can see her full FB page. It's not true that you are blind to each other. I believe that is a recent change, but it is fact. I'd RATHER not be able to see her page, but I can.

I recently blocked a girl, and I can see her full FB page. It's not true that you are blind to each other. I believe that is a recent change, but it is fact. I'd RATHER not be able to see her page, but I can.

Is she on your friends list? And is she on Timeline? Those things, apparently, make a difference. Trust me.

Seriously girl, chill out. I know wtf I'm talking about. Now go figure out for yourself, as can everyone else in here. No need to TRUST ME. I don't need a FB lesson I can work it just fine.

Seriously girl, chill out. I know wtf I'm talking about. Now go figure out for yourself, as can everyone else in here. No need to TRUST ME. I don't need a FB lesson I can work it just fine.

All I'm saying is this Timeline thing makes a difference. I deleted my ex and when I went to her profile (she had switched to Timeline) to block her, saw that I could see everything that she had blocked me from seeing, i.e. friends list, interests, etc. This was after I unfriended her. Hence the 'trust me'.

SilverBlueAndGold
Is she on your friends list? And is she on Timeline? Those things, apparently, make a difference. Trust me.

I concur with this, Timeline has made this very strange and it took me blocking, unblocking then having to block again. The first time I blocked I could not see anything if I did a search on her name. BUT if I clicked on a link that was on my timeline, I could access her page. I could see part of her page, like new photos and info but not the wall.

This was a little while ago when I slipped and went snooping, the first thing I saw was she changed her info to a song that is very much intended as a blatant F-U to me and of course the drama queen staple "My life is so much better now" blah dee blah.

After seeing that I went on a mission and had to unblock, remove EVERYTHING linked to her on my timeline and pictures she was tagged in. After that the block finally is acting the way it should.

And for the record the block is for ME and nobody else. I am healing and weak so I don't need the temptation available to do something stupid. Yes I have no willpower, no I am not ashamed of that and yes I need all the help I can get. :D

• Like 1