I have got myself into a very sticky situation. NEED !

Hi everyone, I will give you a quick run down of whats happened. I was with my girlfriend for just under two years. We were at uni together and our relationship was really good, everything just seemed right. Towards the end we started seeing each other less, partly due to work commitments and other things, and a month ago she broke up, saying yes she loved me and I was perfect etc. etc. but she just needed to be single and didnt want to be in a relationship. I was devastated and didnt want to hear anything else, next day I went round and begged her to give it one more go. She reluctantantly said yes but it was obvious she didnt want to... only a few days later she said its over again.

Anyway after looking on here for a bit decided to go NC, which i did for a couple of weeks. She did text me a couple of times (sent a picture of our dog, and a message to get my stuff). I got my stuff and kept it short and sweet and seemed pretty confident, things went okay and since then we texted now and again.

Last week however (this is where things go bad) I went round to take the dog for a walk (by myself), afterwards I told her how much I missed her and still loved her. It was awkward, but not devastating. HOWEVER this weekend a friend was having birthday and she knew I was going. I got there quite early and she rung me to see if i was going because she didnt want to go if I was there (still to soon to see each other out). I didnt want my friend to make the choice between us so I told her i wasnt going, and hid before she arrived. A made my appearance a little later and she was shocked. The night happened and she was pretty annoyed with me, and to make things worse I came over too drunk and emotional.

Now she's pissed with me because I lied to her and said she doesnt want to see me for a long time. I still love her but Im coming to realise that things arent going to happen (at least for now).

I still want us to be friends, which you never know leaves the door open one day possibly (unlikely I know). Shall I just compeletly leave her alone? Shall I send her some flowers with a message to say sorry and then leave her alone? Is there even any possibility something may ever happen again?

THANKS

• Author

PS i know i shouldnt have said I wasnt going and still went, it was childish I know, but I just hoped things would be alright and we would have got along after a little bit.

• Author

Thanks for your reply. I know what your saying is true and I must give her space and let go, its just so difficult. I also dont want to leave things on a bad note, but I think as you said speaking to her will probably only make things worse. What's also bad as well is we (us two, her brother and some friends) had tickets booked to see a musical later this week. Probably best not to go?

• Author

Thanks so much for your advice, and sadly I know that is what I'm going to have to do. I don't think I will text to her, I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and said how sorry I was and I will leave you alone and hope you can be happy.

But anyway I really messed up here things were going alright but I blew it. I hope we can be friends again one day but it's got to be on her time and I will give her space. What makes this even harder is we have a dog together which I got her for her birthday. I must move on for both our sakes... But just one more thing, I know it depends very much on us personally, but do situations like this ever end happily?