Is my ex interested or just being friendly?

Hi everyone,

Me and my ex split up 7 months ago. He is 37 and I am 39 we were together just over a year. It was his decision, he just didn't think it would work.

I have seen him in passing since December three times. Each time he has touched me in someway i.e. kissed me on the cheek, touched my shoulder and hand or given me a big bear hug. And complimented me everytime he has seen me too, saying I look great.

Last time I bumped into him which was yesterday, he hugged me and he told me I smelt nice, and he was smiling at me the whole time during the conversation and didn't take his eyes off me. I've been told he has been dating someone for a few weeks, and his friend saw me out on a date recently so he will have found out about it.

Do you think he still wants me or do you think he is just being friendly? I'm confused! I would like us to try again, but feel I'm getting mixed signals? His body language and compliments make me feel he still has feelings for me and is still attracted to me, yet he hasn't asked to meet me.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Angel x

He is just being friendly. There are things he likes about you but he felt the relationship wouldn't work out.

If he wanted to get back together I think he would let you know. He isn't even acting sad around you like he misses you. He is all happy like things are going well for him without you.

If he wanted to get back with you he would let you know. He hasn't so I think that is all the info you need to move on.

• Author

Thanks guys, he did say the second time I ran into him which was just before Christmas that he had never stopped loving me and missed me he was a little drunk when he told me this. He also said he didn't know if he was good enough for me and that he wasn't sure he could give me what I want.

He also asked what I wanted, if I wanted to date him, get back together or be friends. I told him I didn't want to talk about it as we had both been drinking.

We text and phoned a few times and then he text me he was happy we were speaking again but thought we would be better as friends. I said if it would bring us closer I would agree to friends but if things were going well I would like more. I then found out he had started dating someone, and so I went on a date too. He actually saw me out on my date and after three weeks of no communication he started messaging me again. And then yesterday all the touchy feely stuff and the way he was looking at me.

I'm sure confused as I've been told by a good source he is casual with the girl he is dating. xx

This is the classic "I don't want you unless I know you are with someone else". "Then if you leave them for me, I will no longer want you".

This guy is too wishy washy. We have seen this too many times when one person blows hot and cold it usually ends up not working.

He says he thinks you would be better as friends. I would take that at face value. In my experience, if I had strong feelings for an ex, I wouldn't want to be friends. I would want more. He doesn't.