Broke NC to tell her not to talk to my family...

proteinshake25

proteinshake25

I had been over 4 mos. NC. My ex is far and away moved on living with her new boyfriend. However,I had to hear about my ex and how she stopped my brother at work to ask about my grandfather who is sick. I wrote an email telling her not to talkt to my family, I setup the phone block, that she originally setup but expired. The bulk of it was just how I had loved her and realized she was so special post b/u. Told her I forgive her for everything, and hopes she forgives me too. She knew by talking to my brother would be a way to hurt me. As 2 months post b/u she said she hated me never wanted to talk to me, but still wanted to talk to my family. At the time, I didnt mind, b/c i figured her talking to my family is atleast better than nothing. But now with her blocked from every facet of my life, I dont need to check my phone hoping that text message or missed call is her, same thing with email or facebook and family.

If you had to enforce a boundary, then you did fine. But if you did it to get a reaction, then it would be detrimental to you. It is a step in the right direction. Good for you.

agree with geegirl. also - - if you are doing this to enforce your boundaries, you may want to ask your brother and the rest of your family to keep their distance from her as well.

• Author
proteinshake25

Thanks guys. I setup a blocked sender on my email, but it still came through. She replied. Pretty much telling me she did nothing wrong by saying hi and asking about HIS life. She says she's with someone who doesnt play games with her heart, which iam guilty of and of course apologized, and says she wants me to just get over it. Do I reply? I'm considering I just delete it and no reply. I feel dumb asking for such simple advice, but my head is not in a clear place right now.

don't reply. by contacting her first you are giving her the upper hand - - and you will continue to do so if you reply to her.

you admit you did wrong - - no need to keep admitting it over and over. you got your message across in the first email - - where you asked her not to contact your family anymore; leave it be and stay NC. ;)

• Author
proteinshake25

good point radio. I wont reply. She also asks why I want to block her out of my life so bad when I had called her in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. Which is wierd, it's true. I called late one night some huge urge came through me give her a call while I was sleeping. Suprisingly the block was off and i hungup as soon as it rang once. I'll leave it as is. I'm tempted to just pour my heart out and tell her how I feel, and how great she is. But I've done that since march. Time to leave it alone

right right. who cares if you called her a few weeks ago? you're doing something about it now and you don't owe her any explanation for your behavior. you had a slip up. it happens. you're moving on. :)

good point radio. I wont reply. She also asks why I want to block her out of my life so bad when I had called her in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. Which is wierd, it's true. I called late one night some huge urge came through me give her a call while I was sleeping. Suprisingly the block was off and i hungup as soon as it rang once. I'll leave it as is. I'm tempted to just pour my heart out and tell her how I feel, and how great she is. But I've done that since march. Time to leave it alone

It doesn't matter. We all react when we're emotional. You stumbled. The right thing to do would be to rectify those behaviors and that means you set boundaries, NC and move on.

i just wanted to post on here cause it seems everyone from Northern VA is doing so.

oh and yea, if she moved on and is living with another dude, she can f right off and doesn't need to know a damn thing about your family.

i just wanted to post on here cause it seems everyone from Northern VA is doing so.

oh and yea, if she moved on and is living with another dude, she can f right off and doesn't need to know a damn thing about your family.

hah! i was wondering if i was the only one who noticed that ;)

• Author
proteinshake25

I appreciate you no. virginians. Radio, ty so much! i feel awesome having the upper hand for the first tim since march. I would've been crazy to just pour out another heartfelt email. I ignored her and will not talk to her ever again unless she initiates a loving email. Her response is just probing for more conflict, she is clearly too full of hatred. It's digusting. Surely must affect her current relationship. Anyways it hit me, that the girl i knew does not exsist until she is open for love and reconciliation from me.

Now why isn't she "weak" for contacting your family, while she's already living with someone else 5 minutes later.