Have an irrational guilt issue

My girlfriend dumped me with no reason 2 and a half months ago or so. Probabaly a little bit longer than that. Since then she hasn't said a word to me and has told my friends many 'interesting' things. Like she hasn't read the letter i sent her, that she's moved on, that she was out at a bar just to pick up a guy and kiss him cause i was the last guy she kissed. And that she's already interested in another guy.

Not knowing any of the above mentioned stuff, i hooked up with a girl on new years, and out of a desire for nothing more than human comfort, from both of us, we eneded up sleeping together.

I couldn't finish it cause i felt so guilty, like i was cheating on my ex. Cause i still loved her, even though i know she has no iterest in me at all and is never coming back. I still feel this way, to a lesser degree. Like i'm scum and i cheated on my love.

Why do i feel this way? She dumped me, she has no respect for me and is never coming back. How do i rid myself of such feelings?

It takes time. Keep reminding yourself that you are not breaking a vow or cheating on a commitment. Give yourself time to heal.

BrainRightHeartWrong
I couldn't finish it cause i felt so guilty, like i was cheating on my ex. Cause i still loved her, even though i know she has no iterest in me at all and is never coming back. I still feel this way, to a lesser degree. Like i'm scum and i cheated on my love.

Why do i feel this way? She dumped me, she has no respect for me and is never coming back. How do i rid myself of such feelings?

kanuk, try not to worry about this, there is no pressure on you to do anything at the minute, just take time and do what you feel is right

so if you feel guilty right now doing such things just don't do them until you are over her

if you are like me... one night stands are awful after a person has experienced a proper relationship and maybe this is part of your guilt

you have to ask yourself would your ex girlfriend feel guilty in the same situation, i would say probably not