How is it we actually function despite all this

Have you ever wonder how is it that you actually get through the day (ie. get up, go to work, ACTUALLY do work, or worse yet, go to school, study, get things done) all while everything you knew is completely destroyed??

This is what Im pondering tonight, as Ive spent most of my day posting on forums, researching things about the issue with the ex online, writing on my journal about the whole thing, and, oh...yeah...write up that paper due tomorrow, and also get that breakfast for tomorrow's presentation at 8am...and somehow also try to think up what Im going to talk about in said presentation....

Somehow it all got done.....I dont really know how though...in fact I dont really know how ive managed to go to school, write reports, take tests, look for a new place to live, move, go to my job, DO THERAPY FOR OTHER PEOPLE (!!!!), all while dealing with this weird state Im in for the past month to month and a half now....oh and ofcourse also dealing with the ex, and having to meet to close off our shared apartment and attempt to be friends and failing miserably and ughhh oh my god drama....

sigh....

I've read a lot of people here in similar or even more pain than i am....and yet I bet you all are still (somewhat) functioning in the world...I bet some people around you dont even know you're in this much pain....

All this made me realize how strong we all are...its crazy, but that whole "what doesn't kill you make you stronger"...totally applies....seriously!. If anything we all are much better at multitasking these days...

Anyway. I hope you all are having a decent night tonight. Keep up the amazing job most of you dont even know you're doing getting through all this. :)

I posted on your other thread on the coping section but I just feel I have to do it again. I think this guy really needs you right now! I think you are madly in love with him. I think you guys should try couples therapy cause you don't belong apart! Read my other post on your thread if you get a chance.