No contact after seven months of being apart, good or Bad?

I have been apart from my ex for seven months now and I told myself that for the new year I was going to try the no contact thing with her and see if she comes around or not. Obviously I still love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her. We spent three years together and since our big break up we have not spend more than a day without contact. So in reality she hasnt had the chance to miss me. Is it too late though to be trying to fix things, or am i doing the right thing by backing off and doing no contact??? Every time we did talk it escalated into an arguement because I wanted things back the way they used to be and she didnt. So I figured me just not talking to her would help us out and let her get her thoughts and things in line as for myself. I know she still cares a lot about me and its been 3 days now since I have talked to her and she has called like 4 or 5 times trying to get ahold of me. I just ignore her calls and try and concentrate on myself. Am I doing the right thing, can someone please give me some direction???????

You two are ex's, why are you still talking to her every day? What's the point? What good is it doing?