Ex girlfriend calls her boyfriend by my old nick name

We gave each other nicknames back when we were dating and we would always call each other this. it was really cute now when i think about it but what has me thinking now is that she calls her current boyfriend (the one she left me for) by the same nickname she used to call me, sometimes she would put "I miss my -enter nickname here-" or "Where are you -nickname-?". I'm pretty sure shes referring to him but why would she even use the same nickname. Is it her way of replacing her memories of me with new memories of him?

• Author
We gave each other nicknames back when we were dating and we would always call each other this. it was really cute now when i think about it but what has me thinking now is that she calls her current boyfriend (the one she left me for) by the same nickname she used to call me, sometimes she would put "I miss my -enter nickname here-" or "Where are you -nickname-?". I'm pretty sure shes referring to him but why would she even use the same nickname. Is it her way of replacing her memories of me with new memories of him?

*she would put it as a twitter update

Is there a chance she's called guys before you the same pet name?

Either way, doing this at all shows not only no originality, but probably her lack of making an emotional connection. What sane person who truly has feeling for someone would use a previous pet name? It's generic and makes her seem completely shallow.

• Author
Is there a chance she's called guys before you the same pet name?

Either way, doing this at all shows not only no originality, but probably her lack of making an emotional connection. What sane person who truly has feeling for someone would use a previous pet name? It's generic and makes her seem completely shallow.

We were first loves....

Agree with ScienceGal. Your ex sounds like an idiot who's incapable of making deep connections. Anyone with a brain would not recycle a pet name for a new relationship without feeling like a tool or an a$shole.