What to do...

I haven't written in a while, but I could really use some advice. A quick recap on my situation. My b/f of three years broke it off with me back in August. I was devastated. We had moved across the country together a year ago in search of better opportunitites. We come from a small town, so it was difficult for him to adjust. He broke things off after claiming he hated the placed we moved to and thought our relationship had gone sour (which we'd been under a lot stress). He ended up moving back and I'm still here. We hadn't really spoke since then.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving: I flew home to spend the holiday with my family as well as face him (I was going through a REALLY hard time). It was definitely awkward but I had found out that he was miserable up there. We ended up meeting for coffee and he told me that misses me and wants to try to work things out. I was shocked by this saying that he really has to make an effort to get back together (I was the aggressive one and the one that brought up all "issues"). Since then we've been talking a lot more. However, I don't feel like he's been making as much of an effort as I would like him too (maybe I have too high of expectations).

I know I love him and want to be with him, but I can't go back to him (I would move back home; which is fine) just because he promised things would be better. We had a great relationship most of the time, our breakup was caused by a lack of communication on his part.

The other problem is that I would be going back to him without any support from my family. My family didn't really like him (and hates him since our break up). They didn't like him because they thought I was too good for him.

So basically I'm going to hurt someone if I decide to be with him or not. I'm completely on the fence (leaning more toward him) but I'm trying to see things from a logical point of view. If I moved back, I would make sure to have a job and an apartment already lined up. I also don't want to be the girl that followed her boyfriend back home only to get hurt again.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated...Happy New Year everyone!

(I'm thinking things have to get better this year)...

I'm not sure what to tell you but I personally would not move back home just for him. Especially if you have a job already established and are starting to build your own life. You must be a pretty strong person to have stayed on in a strange place when the weak boyfriend went crying back home with his tail between his legs.

I say you just stay where you are if you are happy. If you are not happy then maybe consider it but regardless of what you do make sure it's for your benefit not his. He didn't seem to care about your feelings when he bailed on you to go back home. I think it's selfish of him to want you to move home for him if that's the case.