Christmas and birthday messages

I was wondering what you have done about messages on Christmas and birthdays ? Do you respond or remain nc ? Or just reply with a short " thanks you too " ? Not that I'm expecting anything but .

Remain NC. Especially in your case. You deserve so much better than the way you were treated. Through this journey of self-discovery by facing the pain you will emerge so much stronger and more capable.

You will also appreciate a TRULY good man when he comes along.

As always, depends on how the break up was. Cheating, violence, abuse, lies etc etc... then definitely not. It's over forever and nothing will make me break NC. But if the break up was mutual, fell out of love, that sort of thing, then I see no harm in a polite response, aslong as the dumpee hasn't sent the first message nor continues to send messages. Just a nice "thanks, same to you" sort of thing for Xmas messages.

I doubt I'll hear anything from my ex. for the upcoming holidays and my birthday was when we were together.

However on the remote chance she does hopefully by then I'll be indifferent towards her and may or may not respond.

Her b/day was 2 days ago but I stayed strong with N.C and did'nt contact her,, wasn't easy though.

You stay no contact.

He is no longer a part of your life; therefore, there is no reason to make an exception (and outreach for a small connection) due to it being a certain day of the year. The relationship is done. Let it go. (((hugs)))

Each day is your day, and each is the same on your journey to a better life, so treat them that way. Keep moving forward :)

p.s. I will not be wishing my ex a happy birthday this week.