Ex Still Has Strong Feelings, No Sexual Feelings

Hey everyone,

Here's my first post in case you want to do some light reading haha.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t288997/?highlight=geology

Basically, my ex-girlfriend broke up with me four months ago before we left to work for the summer, and we've been back at school for about a month now and we see each other fairly frequently. I was doing well at the end of summer after going limited contact for the duration of the summer (which involved her messaging me and myself replying back after a few days), but after seeing her again it felt like I just went back to square one. We have not once talked about our relationship, and anytime we talk it's friendly but never reminiscent of our relationship. This past weekend, her best friend came to visit and it was homecoming weekend and I hosted a party, and she came along with her best friend. Her best friend had a conversation with me and we talked about how we missed last year (she used to live with my ex-girlfriend and went to school with her), and she started talking about what my ex was saying about me and she told me that she did still have strong feelings for me, but no sexual feelings, and because of that she said she thinks we're done as lovers. What's more complicated though, is that over the summer she did hook up with another guy a lot, but won't officially date him. She's never once mentioned him to me, obviously because she doesn't want to hurt me, but I've known about him through my best friend who worked in the same town as her and through her best friend.

Either way, she also says she's really in love with this new guy and one of the reasons she broke up with me was because she was afraid of the whole forever thing, and she thought she needed to be alone and independent. But her best friend told me that she said that she could imagine being with this new guy forever, even though she's only known him for about 3 months, and not counting the fact that he lives in the town that my ex worked in this summer which is about 8 hours away from where we go to school.

My question is, is it really possible for someone to fall that madly in love so quickly with someone after just coming off a long term relationship? My ex used to always express how she could never think about marriage until she was in her 30s (she's 22). Either way, I know that I have to try my best to get over her, but it's difficult when I see her so often. She lives in the apartment above me on the second floor, while I'm on the first floor, and we're both in the same clubs. Otherwise, I would have tried to go no-contact with her and do what's healthy, in getting over her, but I try to be friendly to avoid making things awkward.

If anyone has any advice on how to help me get over her despite having to make such contact, please let me know, because as sick as I am thinking about her, I just can't find a way to stop it. Thanks for reading!

Stop contacting her, you are never going to get over her if you do not end the contact. Thats all that matters. Plain and simple, its been 4 months bro. Let her go and move on and forget about her, she made her bed, let her sleep in it