Hard to deal...

I've posted my story previously. So I won't bother recapping. I've tried NC, broke it a few times (so has she). My recent NC break, I asked her to go for coffee so she could tell me about her new career that she just started. I called her and she seemed so "not there." So finally it hit me, she's SO very content with this break up and I need to start moving on. 2-3 days later, she messages me after her night shift at work asking me when I was free for her to take me to lunch. I was polite and responded telling her I appreciated the offer but wasn't going to go. She responded with "But I thought you wanted to go for coffee?" I didn't really know what to say, so I just said that it was okay and to not worry about it.

I'm trying so very hard not to read into it. But even the words used in this text message were very different to any previous contact. I haven't contacted since (lol, a day :p) but she seems to be so happy (enjoying the time away from me.) From what I know, she still isn't seeing anyone. I want to not care but almost 10 years of my life was shared with this girl. So hard to quit her. I'm not sure why I'm posting, I think I almost just need to let it out more than anything.

I just wish she missed me.

You know, at some point she probably will. But you may want to try to take the focus off of her and put it on yourself. 10 years is a very long time, and so it's going to take time for you to get to a place where you are ok with this situation... but I believe you can do it if you want to. Maintain No Contact. Give her a reason to miss you.

• Author

Lately, she's been persistent in trying to get me to go for coffee. I understand breadcrumbs and everything, but she almost seemed hurt when I didn't respond to her first msg. Very similar to how she would respond when we were dating. How do I proceed. I obviously want to see her. But maybe its not a good idea.