Does he want my attention?

Okay I am new to this and I don't really know how this works so forgive me if I do something wrong here.

This Sunday it will be exactly a month since my boyfriend left me. I have been reading around and I think he has a case of "G.I.G.S". He is 20 and I am 21. I have been completely devastated since it happened, can't eat right, can't sleep. Anyway, when he left me I told him I didn't want to talk that day anymore so not to text me. We didn't talk for about 5 painful days because I was refusing to look for him. During those 5 days I tried so hard not to look at his profile on Facebook and it actually worked for the first couple of days for me until one day I gave in and looked at it. His updates didn't seem too happy. It seemed like he was sort of trying to get my attention. Anyway, I tried remaining "cheerful" on there myself, and posted pictures of me with makeup (I don't wear makeup) lol and also went to the beach with my friends and checked-in to the beach so he could see. Blah blah. He left me on Sunday, and on Friday night he's the one to make contact first with me. I felt horrible as he was acting happy as he texted me and making sure I knew he was getting drunk/high (something he would never do normally! :() when he text me I didn't reply because I was just so hurt and didn't know what to say and about 5 mins later I get another text saying he understands if I don't want to talk yadaa yadaa and I didn't reply to that one as well and another 5 mins later I get another text saying he'll leave me alone, again making sure he mentioned beer in it. I told him I didn't want to speak right now, and to text me the next day and he said he would text me the next day for sure. He did. He asked me what was wrong because I had posted a status saying how everything just went from bad to worse. I kinda just said stuff I didn't want to talk about. I also stopped replying to his texts 'cause it was too awkward and he posted something on FB in which he seemed upset (after I stopped replying). For the next days, I would text him sometimes, but the conversation got old fast so I just said I had to go. He DID text me a couple of times too. One day as I was taking a morning stroll I had like an epiphany or something and decided I was beginning to hurt too much so I decided I would deactivate my FB and blocked him from everything else and made MY friends delete him as a friend. I was going to try NC. The SAME day he texts me asking "why'd you deactivate your FB?" I didn't reply because I didn't know what to say. But after three days I felt like an ******* for not replying so I just text him and we actually had a conversation which didn't get awkward too fast. I started noticing that now he is posting a lot on Google Plus even though he only has about 6 friends on there, including me. He keeps posting pictures of himself as he also was doing on FB. To me it feels like he's trying to get my attention on G+ because he KNOWS no one goes on there too often and he has me as a friend on there. This doesn't seem like him normally, I know. I ALWAYS let him know he was freaking gorgeous to me and it seems he posts pictures on purpose so I can see him! They make me melt as I still believe he beautifully gorgeous! :( I want to do NC but I'm almost sure he's not going to let it happen. He'll text me asking me a stupid question or something. I was gonna email him and let him know WHY I deactivated my FB and that in order for me to start my healing process, I would have to stop speaking to him but I didn't know what the reaction would be. I'm so scared to lose him. I feel like NC would definitely make him realize his mistake but I don't know how to go about it, should I let him know? Please help! Thank you.