heart broken after a break up :(

claire140289

hii anyone, hoping for some advice if anyone has any id be greatful.

ive been with my boyfriend for 4years, and engaged for 3years, everything was great until we decided to move in together, as we live in different towns it was a difficult compromise deciding were to live and as he was the one buying the house i didnt have much of a say. moved in together 2months ago and over the last month he was increasingly never in, doing over time at work or at the gym or out with friends, which made me feel very isolated as id moved away from friends and family to be with him, started to feel down about it so talked less and less when he was in- which probably pushed him further away. 2weeks ago i couldnt take the lonliness anymore and moved back home, after a wek he txt saying come back, so i did for things not to be even mentioned, so i went back home again. i sent a txt saying i mase well go round and get my things from the house, to which i got no reply, i got my things, left my ring, and posted his key back. i txt him again later asking why hed changed and why he didnt care anymore, all he said was that hed had enough of being unappreciated and made to feel unatractive, but isnt it funny how im txting him now wanting to speak to him as its too late. im abserloutly devastated weve broke down like this and feel as though im in a catch 22situation, i either ask to meet up to talk to id be playing into his hands and if i risked not i might never speak to him again. any help? please? :(

It sounds like there is some kind of communication issue between you guys - you feel one way, he feels another - but the only way you've expressed these feelings is post break-up. I'm really sorry that things didn't work out for you. Heartbreak is the worst feeling in the world - and i'm sending you loads of love! I think you need to initiate no contact with him. You obviously both need time to think independently. The most important thing is that you take time out to work on yourself. Really think about what you want from life - what makes you happy, and what you need to do to achieve your ambitions. You have spent 4 years of your life with someone, and now you need to be selfish and think about what is best for you. He needs to prove to you that he cares - and the only way he can do that is by contacting you without you initiating it. If he wants you back - he will make the effort. If not, he was never worth it. But don't wait around for him either way - you need to build your life as an individual and focus on yourself.

x