He suddenly stopped communicating..

Hi everyone, I have been dating this man for a year now. He was married when i started seeing him, then he split up with his wife, which had such an effect on him because he has children with her. I told him it was okay if he wanted time to sort himself out.. so we resorted more to talking via email than seeing each other. However, 2 months ago, he asked me out for dinner/drink, which was so lovely. Also, on this date, he said to me that he would like to continue seeing me and asked if i would like to go away for a weekend with him. I told him all that was fine, but i did not want to pressurise him given what he was going through, so i said we could do all that provided he felt 'ready' for it.

After this date though, he only emailed me twice (saying nice and normal things) then he completely vanished. I have emailed him a few times to ask how he was and he simply never replied. I am not hurt because he is not communicating to me.. but i am hurt because he can't even be bothered to tell me he needed a break or space or whatever.. which i would understand. But to just ignore and treat me the way he has, without any warning is very rude and painful. The problem is that i still care for him loads and hoping that he might get intouch one day - but i feel like he's gone! please advise