"Believing it can be done is half the battle" - Reflections on the recovery road

california15

If I can be perfectly honest, I didn't think I'd literally survive after he ended our many year relationship and told me he's moving in with his 2-week-whatever-she-is, let alone be able to maintain 100% NC as well.

But its been exactly 1 week... and I have done both.

As many of you know, he called me and I got the "its over, I want my things back, have a nice life, I have a new gf who I'm going to marry" phone call. He also said that I should consider my self lucky he even bothered to call me and tell me. While I believe that is true, as some don't even get what I did, I feel like I deserved a little more, since I had been in his life for 10 years. I don't want to settle for less than I deserve, but I can't help but think about it... Like to think I meant more than a phone call.

I believe that not only time will heal, but what I do with the time is equally as important; that being said, I will hold myself accountable to my recovery and sometimes will need to see what I did that day (Active Participant) to help myself move on, no matter how small - I'm a visual person I need to see it... and maybe my recovery can help encourage others that it's a doable process, no matter how excruciatingly painful... because I seriously didn't think I'd last the first week.

AP: signed up for a fun class lasting 3 months I've been meaning to take for a year now but kept putting off til now. Starts Thursday!

Edited by california15
Treble Clef

Wow congrats! I don't think I'd be able handle things in your situation. My relationship wasn't as long nor was our breakup that messy, but I still feel like dying.

This was encouraging to read. Thank you :)