Ignore her completely??

Surf Rider

It has been a little over a year since she left me. Unfortunately she goes to the same college i do. It is summer break and i am hoping she never comes back because she hurt me and my family terribly. Pretty much from this past February until now, even when i look at her, I don't gesture to her, talk to her or anything. I ignore her completely as if she is nothing. Even at the lunch line about a month ago, she was right behind me but i didn't say a word to her. She's not stupid because she knew she hurt me very badly, but I figured i would give her a dose of her own medicine for the way she broke up with me.

Treble Clef

Do you have any feelings left for her? Sounds like she did something really hurtful to you. Just ignore her, you don't need her in your life anymore.

Sounds about right. Hopefully you can let go of some of the hurt and anger you feel toward her. She'll never be nobody to you, but maybe you can get to the point where she doesn't elicit a reaction when you see her.

• Author
Surf Rider
Do you have any feelings left for her? Sounds like she did something really hurtful to you. Just ignore her, you don't need her in your life anymore.

No, I have no feelings for her whatsoever. Yes, she hurt me terribly. She started to not have feelings for me when we approached a year of dating, yet she didn't say anything to me. She was acting weird and i asked her over and over again if there was something bothering her and she lied to me and said there wasn't. She lied to me and I hate liars. About a week before she broke up with me, she stopped answering my text messages and phone calls. I asked her several more times why she is acting so weird and she said she was fine. She lied again. Finally I was sick and tired of wandering what was going on with her, I made a phone call to her mother to find out what was wrong with her daughter because my girlfriend wouldn't talk to me. That was the 2nd worst day in my life. Her mother, not my g/f, told me that my g/f was planning to break up with me in just a few days. I was so depressed I called in sick to work that day. My brother was so mad he almost went down to where she worked and let her have it. She falsely led me on for many months and she traumatized me.

Edited by Surf Rider
Story behind all this.
  • Author
Surf Rider
Sounds about right. Hopefully you can let go of some of the hurt and anger you feel toward her. She'll never be nobody to you, but maybe you can get to the point where she doesn't elicit a reaction when you see her.

Yeah hopefully i can. She ignored me so i'm ignoring her.

What you need is closure. Something needs to push you through the door with finality. It reminds me of two such instances:

1) Lorraine: One summer I had a major crush (back in high school) on her and she decided to transfer to my school so we could be near each other. Well sure enough, things fell apart and sure enough, who made my heart leap into my throat the first day of school when I saw her? Yup. In my head I was resolved that she wasn't right for me but I still had something for her. I said hello and she was nice and sweet so I asked if I could walk her to class. At the door I asked if I could give her a hug and she obliged. I remember hugging all the negativity out of me and leaving it right there with her. I sort of did the victory lap as I ran down the hall once she left...

2) Kristina: She was nutty, but I really cared for her. At some point after we broke up she was contacting me, saying how she missed me and how could I let her go when she "walked" out of the relationship. She said that she wanted to leave and that it was my fault because I didn't fight hard enough for her. I was stunned that anyone about 15 would actually behave that way. I told her I did fight but she kept fighting back so I just gave up. I also told her that she wasn't worth the hassle. It was very liberating to hear her say that and gave me the closure I needed.

I hope you can find something to bring you to this point...

• Author
Surf Rider
What you need is closure. Something needs to push you through the door with finality. It reminds me of two such instances:

1) Lorraine: One summer I had a major crush (back in high school) on her and she decided to transfer to my school so we could be near each other. Well sure enough, things fell apart and sure enough, who made my heart leap into my throat the first day of school when I saw her? Yup. In my head I was resolved that she wasn't right for me but I still had something for her. I said hello and she was nice and sweet so I asked if I could walk her to class. At the door I asked if I could give her a hug and she obliged. I remember hugging all the negativity out of me and leaving it right there with her. I sort of did the victory lap as I ran down the hall once she left...

2) Kristina: She was nutty, but I really cared for her. At some point after we broke up she was contacting me, saying how she missed me and how could I let her go when she "walked" out of the relationship. She said that she wanted to leave and that it was my fault because I didn't fight hard enough for her. I was stunned that anyone about 15 would actually behave that way. I told her I did fight but she kept fighting back so I just gave up. I also told her that she wasn't worth the hassle. It was very liberating to hear her say that and gave me the closure I needed.

I hope you can find something to bring you to this point...

What might you suggest?