Sleeping with my ex and getting back with her a year later

So ill try to sum this up. Over a year ago I started dating my ex right as i was moving 2 hours away to start school. We continued dating long distance and she would come up and visit me and hang out with me and my best friend while she was here. We were dating about 4 months, this whole time my best friend and her became friends as well. They seemed to always get along and at times I think she liked him because he is a likeable guy. Before we started dating I heard from a couple people that she has a history of cheating. Long story short, my best friend and my girlfriend became a little to close. He was the middle man during our relationship and the attraction and chemistry was there. She ended up cheating on my with my best friend. I felt so betrayed. They lied to me and let things go on for at least 2 weeks under my nose and I pretty much was powerless of the situtation. I was broken. My ex and my best friend ended up dating for an entire year. Everyone was surprised it lasted that long. I dont know what to make of all of it. They recently just broke up in February because of some issues. They were together a year during one of the most difficutlt times in her life. She went through a lot with him and things ended but the breakup made things ugly between them. Since then I have started talking to my ex and my best friend. I wanted to hear what he had to say. We talked a few times and hung out but I soon contacted my ex girlfriend because I wanted to see what she would say if she had anything to say at all. We ended up talking and ive hung out with her a few times and we have had sex a few times too. I guess I am looking for a little insight. I loved her and I was aiting for this day to come when they would break up. I love her still and want to get back with her. I dont know how my family and friends will think of me. I dont know what her intentions are. She has told me the things that happened between her and my bestfriend and basically told me everything I wanted to hear. She made him out to be this horible person and cant stand him and everything else. They dated a year so they were obviously in love. She acts like shes over him but I dont know.