Weird text from Ex Boyfriend.

My ex boyfriend (who I was living with) and I broke up. The end of December 2010. I have been completely devastated by it. Never saw it coming. Just after an argument we had. We were hitting a rough patch after being together for almost a year. I felt that we could talk through things and work it out. He just wanted to walk out and give up on us, which he did.

Renting on my own now. Getting my life back on track. It has not been easy. Have been sending emails and texts trying to explain how I got like I did. All this just felt like normal couple stuff to me. He just did not seem to listen. Told me to leave him alone or he will put an AVO out on me. :mad:.

Recently found out he was in a new relationship. It really hurt. After all I had done for him. Even financially supporting him to help him get more successful like he is now. Still. nothing. Sent another text and had a go at him. He tells me not to start this again. Respect that and back off after telling him more of what I think. :rolleyes:

A couple of days later on the weekend. He sends me a text saying 'I want you back. I love you.' :confused:. I thought you have a girlfriend now and you are sending **** like this to me? Even if he was just doing it for a ego boost. You would think the girlfriend would be enough to do that for him.

I have not replied to the text since because I did not know if it was genuine or not. I have not heard from my ex since then either.

What's the deal?

PegNosePete

He was either drunk, split up with the new squeeze, or playing with you. And none of those should make you want to take him back. NC him.

Sometimes when someone breaks up with you then they can enjoy the fact that you are upset and want them, its a power and control issue.

If he thinks you are OK with the breakup then that gives you some sort of control. It is possible that,

1) he is testing you to see if you'll jump right in and still want to be with him

or

2) his new relationship isn't all he hoped for!

It meant nothing and shouldn't be a concern to you :)

Maintain your NC and even if you don't notice, you are doing great.

A true case for you:

One of my best buddy was with he ex-bf for 3 years and he broke up with my buddy because he had a major exam coming (BIG EXCUSE) and my buddy waited for him. After his exam ended, he didn't get back with my buddy and instead got himself a new gf. My best buddy was devastated.

After 4 years, this ex-bf messaged my Buddy and he still attached with the same girlfriend. He basically told my buddy he missesher lot and still in love with her. My buddy ignored his message and was so happy she is no longer with him.

Imagine you are attached with your bf and your bf sends this kind of message to his ex gf, how would you feel? Be glad you are not with him anymore.

Edited by Fufu
Sometimes when someone breaks up with you then they can enjoy the fact that you are upset and want them, its a power and control issue.

If he thinks you are OK with the breakup then that gives you some sort of control. It is possible that,

1) he is testing you to see if you'll jump right in and still want to be with him

or

2) his new relationship isn't all he hoped for!

You guys are so wise and genuine. Your ex is just being selfish. something happened to him, he needs so ego-boost. ignore him.

He was either drunk, split up with the new squeeze, or playing with you. And none of those should make you want to take him back. NC him.

I Agree 100%!

• Author

Have not replied to the text at all. Agree as well. I would not like it if my current boyfriend (if I had one) was texting that to an ex as well. Serious or not. Still pretty disrespectful.

Having your own relationship should be enough of an ego boost. You should not have to brag about an ex like that if you have one.

If he was playing with my feelings. Think that is pretty nasty and low. I will admit I have also been pretty mean to him as well but would never go as far as to lie about my feelings like that to someone when I know that someone is still hurting. Think that is so wrong. :mad:.

Edited by Gypsie