I don't know if this is a dumb question or not but

Hey everyone,

I've been talking to a couple of my friends asking them their opinions on something. I've been broken up with my boyfriend for almost 2 months. Since he moved back to our hometown I've only talked to him twice. My birthday was a couple weeks ago and I didn't hear a word from him until a week later. He sent me an "e-card" wishing me a belated birthday. Now his birthday is next week and I'm wondering what I should do. Some people say to ignore it completely while others say to also wait a week or two before sending him a card (via e-mail) like what he did with me. I was planning on sending it the day after. Does that seem too enthusiastic?

I don't want to be mean and I'm still having a hard time not talking to him. I still have that inkling to call him. He wants to remain in contact, I don't think it's a good idea right now. Anyone have any ideas?

Yeah, maybe it's not such a good idea. I mean, give it space, he's a man, let him do the calling. Email, to me, is such a dumb way to tell someone you care. I mean sending you an email card, days after your birthday, is just kind of cheesy.

It sucks, but forget about his birthday. It may seem mean, but he forgot about yours, til he remembered, just forget about his altogether and see how he likes it. OR, don't email him. Call him when you know you can leave him a message and just give him a quick Happy Birthday ON his birthday. No I love you or thinking about you just a, "Hey, just calling to wish you a happy birthday, Have a good day, Take care." That's it. But only do it if you really care, but space is what's needed.

HokeyReligions

If you are broken up, and you don't live in the same town then you shouldn't have any contact - it's over. Move on.

VASH THE STAMPEDE

Theres is no such thing as a dumb or stupid question.

As far as the email card send him one on his birthday.

Don't expect anything back especially a relationship,just do it out of the goodness of of your heart.

i dont know, it depends on the break up. i really wouldnt make an effort to give him a nice card, but if you two need not talk ever again, dont send him a card and move on

• Author

It's not that forgot about my birthday, he said he didn't know whether or not I wanted to hear from him so he waited and then just decided to do it. I guess I should of included that in my orginal post. We're not on bad terms with each other.

Does that make any more of a difference?

If you guys are on good terms then why ask if you should send him a card or a Birthday Greeting? You should know what to do on your own...

That's still cheesy if you ask me. Not sending you a greeting on your birthday and sending a late one because he wasn't sure if you'd want to hear from him? Come on dude, Don't be cheesy, either you care or you don't....Don't be a wuss.