Fiancee in Tampa Missing

My fiancee lives in Tampa FL. We had been together for two years and in May of 2003, he asked me to marry him. I accepted and he was to move to AZ in early July.

On June 11, 2003, he called me on his way home from the beach to tell me he loved me and that he would call me from home. I never heard from him again.

Since then, I have found out many things about him that I did not know. I'm finding things that indicate he is not the person that I thought he was.

His family is worried because they have not seen him and he was evicted from his condo but they can't tell me the reason. I need to find out what happened to him so I am going to Florida.

I have no clue where to start once I get to Tampa. Does anyone in Tampa have any suggestions? I am so heartbroken and embarrassed. I am angry and I am sad. I need to move on but can't without finding out what happened.

Have you tried calling the police and the hospitals in Tampa? Have you asked his friends who he knows there? I sure wouldn't go without knowing thing one about where he might be. It also sounds like you're finding out things about him which aren't good, meaning it might be a very bad idea for you to try to hunt him down. If his family won't tell you what's going on, that would be a good clue you should avoid this person.

In fact, I urge you NOT to go there. Stay where you are and find out what you can from home.

CaterpillarGirl

Locate a private investigator in Tampa (go to google.com and type in "private investigator"). Hire them to do this work. They are more qualified than you are, and considering you'd have to travel, it may also be less expensive. Definitely less dangerous to yourself. Good luck!

HokeyReligions

I was looking for a missing person a few months ago. I contacted the police in the town and someone was nice enough to point me to their on-line information so I could look for accidents or police reports - found nothing. Then I contacted the newspapers in the area and looked at obits and searched for his name, and I submitted my request to the newespapers and someone there did a more thorough search for me. I also contacted hospitals and churches. My next step was to hire a private detective, but I didn't need to -- I was finally able to track down my friend without ever leaving home.

I'm sorry this has happened to you. It does sound like maybe he didn't let you get to know the real "him". Even when you find him - think carefully about keeping him.

I live in Tampa. Send me a Private Message with his name and complete date of birth and I'll do my best to find him for you through contacts I have. It could take me a day or two but I'll get back to you. I'm sorry this has happened. I may be able to save you a trip to Tampa.

Tony, I just wanted to say that you are such a kind and sensitive and caring person. I think it's great that you're willing to help this person locate her loved one. Let us know how it turns out.

Originally posted by Tony

"You know, that Tony fellow is dangerously close to being considered a truly sweet guy."

God forbid that should ever happen!

Too Late. You know you are Tony, and we ALL love ya for it. Don't ever change.

Good luck deeinaz, I know that Tony will do all he can to assist you. In the meantime, have faith that all will be ok. Stay strong and remember NO MATTER what happens, there are many people that love and want to support you through this.

Praying for the safe return of your fiancee.

Thinking of you.

~PurpleAngel~

• Author

Hello everyone,

I never thought that I would get anyone to assist me like I have and I want to let you all know that your words are very kind and I truly thank you.

Tony, I will be sending you a private e-mail with the information that I have and again, thank you for your kindness.

By the way, I have contacted hospitals and they had no info. I did contact a newspaper reporter but that was early on and she could not locate anything.

I did have the Tampa police department go to his condo on Channelside Walk Way in late June and they said that he refused to come to the door.

He was fired from his job in July because he stopped going in to work on May 30th, something I didn't know about and we work for the same company!

I am just shocked over this whole thing because I knew my fiancee to be a very professional, upstanding person. He was a sales manager at our company, made good money and had a nice home. From what I understand, he has lost it all and some say that they do not know where he is. I do know some of his friends and they must know something but no one is talking.

I can certainly understand that this whole thing is very disturbing if not shocking for you. Have you talked to his relatives? Have they reported him as a missing person? If I get the information from you, if he is in Tampa I will find him...I promise.

• 4 weeks later...

"i suspect we are talking about the same person..."

If you are talking about the same person, lawmen are hunting for him. He has two felony warrants out on him, one for worthless checks, the other for giving false information to a pawn shop. What would be the chances you could be talking about the same person? There are millions of jerks like this out in the world.

Good luck. You just never, ever know these days.

i said "maybe", but i agree with the jerk term...i am trying to contact a PI....though i am thinkin, why am i thinking why.....wouldn't it br easier to just give up , break up and consider it the end of the day...

i have airtix to Tampa for 11/26..... lol

my sitution is a bit different, though there are points where our stories meet, this jerk wants to marry me but he cannot commit, besides the man has a slight mental disorder which i have underestimated..

i wonder if she found out where he is....

"wouldn't it br easier to just give up , break up and consider it the end of the day..."

If you're considering hiring a private investigator to find this goofball, why would you think you have to break up with him? Don't you think that if he hasn't called you by now it's sort of over??? Yes, considering it the end of the day would be nice.

And if he owes you money...like the other poster's guy does...why would you think he would just hand over a wad of cash if a private investigator found him? Oh, maybe he would write you a rubber check...I forgot. If he doesn't owe you anything, what motivation would you have to find him...so you can say "boooo!!!"

Sometimes in life we have to learn our lessons, take our losses, and move on. Forgive him, forgive yourself, and hope for better days ahead. Come on down to Tampa anyway, Busch Gardens is great and DisneyWorld is just over an hour away.

see tony, as i said the story differs somewhere....hey, u have to forgive me, right now i am very paranoid i suspect everything and everybody... he has never lost touch with me on the contrary, he calls me daily, sometimes we spent up to 14 hours on the phone...he works as a nurse in a hospital , day/ night shifts...hard to control...let us say every time i came to visit him in tampa, there were things like women's shades, that he claims he found, beach towels in his trunk( he hates the beach),blond hair all over his car, numerous profiles on http://www.adultfriendfinder.com, visit the site and u will know what it is all about..... many other things and he always comes up with an excuse...i am not afraid to lose him, all this lying is making me sick and i want to confront him and punish him for all this...very gently but he will feel the consequences, and i believes he deserves it. I tryed talk to him and asked him about the things going on, he said he was goofing around and he flipped off and started yelling at me to stop my accusation rampage, i asked him to stop this, but he would not....i tryed be understanding...

All i want is my dignity back.

no, he does not owe me money.

Thank you for the invitation, i have just returned from Tampa...i went to Bucsh 3 times already, i like it.