my ex has a new girlfriend but still calls me regularly when he is drunk

This is a little long but I need some advice lol.

So me and my ex broke up last febuary. We were together about 2 years but we were never very stable. We fought a lot and much of the time I was the one starting them, especially if I was in a bad mood that day . I know this was wrong but I didn't really care at the time because we always made up. A few days after Valentine's day we got into a huge argument and we stopped talking completely. Neither of us called eachother and we never ended up making up like we usually did. On st. Patricks day I ended up getting really drunk and I called him. We met up and hooked up back at his house that night. We started hanging out again after that for a little but once we fought we stopped talking again. This continued for several months until September. One of us would gcall the other drunk and soon after we would hang out and act like we were together again until we would get into an argument and would stop talking. I used to ask him constantly if he was having sex with other girls and if he was seeing someone new. He always told me he wasn't and that he still cared about me and loved me. In june I wanted to get back together with him but he told me he just wanted to be friends because he said if we got back together we would end up just fighting and breaking up again. He said that in the future we would eventually get back together once I "grow up". He called me several time vover the summer and we hung out and acted like we were still together a lot of the time. In september I found out that he had been talking to another girl since the end of febuary and they. were starting to get more and more serious. I was really angry and hurt and even though we were not officially together I still felt played. I completely stopped talking to him after that. I called him drunk one time about 3 weeks after I found out about that girl and he was not sympathetic at all and denied doing anything wrong to me. He actually flipped it around on me and said that I was the one who ruined our relationship because of all the fights I used to start. He told me that we would still be together if it wasn't for me and that I pretty much hurt myself. He told me that he loved me but he was no longer in love with me anymore. We talked for about 40 minutes and then he told me that I can call him the next day when I'm sober and talk about things as long as I don't argue with him. I never called him after that. After that phone call he has been calling me in the middle of the night when he is drunk. He calls once a weekend for about 2 or 3 weekends in a row and then stops for 2 weeks and then calls again. I've never picked up his phone calls except one time. The one night I picked up and told him to leave me alone, he ended up calling me 27 times in a row (psycho). He is still with that girl and I don't understand why he still calls me when he gets drunk, especially since I never even pick up. He never calls or txts me sober or during the day. I know this may sound dumb of me but I still care about him, even though he lied to me for months. I refuse to talk to him because I know I should move on and because I'm still angry and hurt at the fact that he has yet to apologize or even admit to me that he did anything wrong. I also don't want to call him because I know he has a girlfriend. it really bothers me that he still calls me,drunk or not, because it makes me wonder if he still has feelings for me. What do you guys think? Should I pick up and talk to the kid the next time he calls or just continue to ignore him?

change your number.

That should stop it.

And in the meantime - keep ignoring.

Here's something I don't understand. I think you said (your post was long) that YOU were the one who started the fights?

Have you accepted responsibility for the problems in your relationship? Have you done so with him?

He is right to think things would just be the same if you got back together, UNLESS you both do something differently.

If he cared for you, I'm sure he wished things would have been different and you didn't fight so much. It's not like he wanted to break up, but he saw no alternative I suppose. I'm sure he still has feelings for you, that's why he keeps drunk dialing you.

I used to ask him constantly if he was having sex with other girls and if he was seeing someone new. He always told me he wasn't and that he still cared about me and loved me.

Guys treat girls all the same. If he is having sex with you... he is having sex with the other girls too.

In june I wanted to get back together with him but he told me he just wanted to be friends because he said if we got back together we would end up just fighting and breaking up again. He said that in the future we would eventually get back together once I "grow up".

Both of you need to grow up. He wants you to wait around for him in case he does want to be with you (which I doubt) once he gets bored screwing as many girls as he can.

He is still with that girl and I don't understand why he still calls me when he gets drunk, especially since I never even pick up. He never calls or txts me sober or during the day.

He calls you when he is drunk because he is horny. In the past... you would always have sex with him.

I know this may sound dumb of me but I still care about him, even though he lied to me for months.

He does not care about you. Your EX cheated on you once before, is cheating on his new GF and will cheat on you again if you ever date him again.

Why would you want to be with someone like that?

I refuse to talk to him because I know I should move on and because I'm still angry and hurt at the fact that he has yet to apologize or even admit to me that he did anything wrong.

He was wrong. Will you forgive him?

There... No need to be hurt anymore... I just admitted he was wrong and apologized for him.

I also don't want to call him because I know he has a girlfriend. it really bothers me that he still calls me,drunk or not, because it makes me wonder if he still has feelings for me.

All you are is someone to have sex with and all his actions confirm that. He does not have feelings for you anymore.

What do you guys think? Should I pick up and talk to the kid the next time he calls or just continue to ignore him?

Should you pick up and answer his drunken calls? Sure... If all you want is to have sex with him... you will get nothing else though.