Boyfriend loves me but wants to date other people...

HeartsGirl1983

HeartsGirl1983

Okay I am very confused about what is going on in my relationship. Over the summer,my best friend,zach and I got involved...we seemed so perfect for one another...he told me he wanted us to take a break because things went too fast between us,and that he wanted to date others because he is too confused right now. But I see him looking at one another,he called me six times afterwards,told me he still loves me. I don't know what to do,I still like him in that way but I don't want to get hurt again

Sarah

Yes, he loves you and yes, he wants to date other people. So what's the big deal? How long would you want him to date you? Clearly he is not ready for a committed relationship and therefore sees no reason to date only you. You will one day learn that love is just one component of the big picture. Timing is the biggest factor. If it ain't time for a permanent relationship, all the love in the universe isn't going to make it happen.

I think you ought to continue to love and adore your friend Zach but feel good that he has the honesty and the wisdom to have all this figured out for himself. I think he has a pretty good attitude, although it may not be the attitude you would like him to have. One day he'll be ready to settle down...or get into a committed partnership. You may be the one and you may not. I'd say you ought to get out there and search to see if you may find someone who looks at things differently. Master the possibilities.

• Like 1

be happy it started early in the relationship. At least he can admit what he wants. I am in your shoes but my girlfriend doesn't know what she wants. she doesnt neccessarly want to see other people cause she is unhappy with me but this is after 2 years of living together. its so complex now, i wish we didn't live together then it would be so simple we could just take a break.

just remember this. nothing you did made him feel like this. you have no control over what he wants to do. if he wants to be with you or not, its not up to you to convince him too. I have to tell myself the smae thing about my girlfriend and trust me it helps. just realize that certain things are out of your control so dont stress out. easy for me to say as i'm a guy on a love advice website answering other questions cause it helps me deal with my own.