Just broke up with my first real girlfriend

So we just broke up, on nevember 17th.

I'd been feeling like the relationship wasn't working out because we'd hardly have time to meet, now she, is quite a lovely girl, unique, outgoing, strong and independant. but okay, let's move on.

We'd been dating for two months and yeah, 14 days.

I loved her to death the whole time, i felt like my life would end if she'd leave me, i felt like i could kill anyone who'd done her wrong (she'd had unfortunate past of abuse, and no, not with boyfriends).

She's 16, i'm 20

we were both so em...naive about it working out, but then it just took off...

So yeah, i feel like i'd rewrite this thing, but breaking up for the first time with someone you love is hard, and it feels like ****...but still i feel like this is like a bad friendship where you could just "kiss and make up"...but still i don't know why i'd want to....but deep down...i feel like i need her :(

now aren't i the sappiest, weirdest twenty year old you've ever read about?

So yeah, i feel like i'd rewrite this thing, but breaking up for the first time with someone you love is hard, and it feels like ****...but still i feel like this is like a bad friendship where you could just "kiss and make up"...but still i don't know why i'd want to....but deep down...i feel like i need her :(

Yep, these are all definitely feelings associated with the first breakup...and right now you probably feel like things will never get better and that you need this girl in your life to be happy...don't worry, it's natural...but rest assured that in time things will get better and you will be happy again with someone else...I've been right where you've been, and here I am over a year later and I feel pretty good about life...

now aren't i the sappiest, weirdest twenty year old you've ever read about?

Heh, I was 25 when I was that "weird" and "sappy" guy coming off his first breakup that everyone read about on LS... :)

• Author

So how do i cope? how do i react?

we both live in a small town, and for the moment being, attend the same college...but not for long.

She's forbidden me from leaving the town because she doesn't know anyone she trusts for her secrets (what happent to her in the past) and i kinda feel bad about it, but i still kinda want her back, and now when i come to think of it, i guess i could easily live without her, but if i feel like she's ready to try again, or heck, if she pulls the first move, i might reconsider.

she wants to stay friends, but last time i met her, a day after we broke up, we went to our favorite place to make out, and she told me how horrible she felt for breaking up with me via skype (an im program if you will) and told me she'd rather break up with me in person, so i said, sure, go ahead...but she then came on to me...or well, in a matter of speaking...we started kissing, passionately, and she got over to my seat...and we made out for about half an hour, with minutes in between where she'd just lay with me in the seat...and for some stupid reason i said "i still love you" to which she replied, "i still love you too"

this made me altogether confused because shortly after she said she was ready for me to take her back home, so okay....and she asked me if i'd want to remain friends, to which for some utterly retarded reason i replied "sure".

that night she told me she'd come over on monday and we could watch "cry baby" together, since we're both avid fans of Johnny Depp.

i am kind of freaking out...but i still don't know what to think :(

• Author

i'd hate to say she broke up with me, but she did because i simply didn't have the guts...or for some reason i wouldn't have wanted to end it....but i wanted to fix it.

So how do i cope? how do i react?

First of all, the top priority in all of this is YOU.

She's forbidden me from leaving the town because she doesn't know anyone she trusts for her secrets (what happent to her in the past) and i kinda feel bad about it, but i still kinda want her back, and now when i come to think of it, i guess i could easily live without her, but if i feel like she's ready to try again, or heck, if she pulls the first move, i might reconsider.

she wants to stay friends, but last time i met her, a day after we broke up, we went to our favorite place to make out, and she told me how horrible she felt for breaking up with me via skype (an im program if you will) and told me she'd rather break up with me in person, so i said, sure, go ahead...but she then came on to me...or well, in a matter of speaking...we started kissing, passionately, and she got over to my seat...and we made out for about half an hour, with minutes in between where she'd just lay with me in the seat...and for some stupid reason i said "i still love you" to which she replied, "i still love you too"

this made me altogether confused because shortly after she said she was ready for me to take her back home, so okay....and she asked me if i'd want to remain friends, to which for some utterly retarded reason i replied "sure".

that night she told me she'd come over on monday and we could watch "cry baby" together, since we're both avid fans of Johnny Depp.

i am kind of freaking out...but i still don't know what to think :(

If she left you, then what she wants is a bit irrelevant, don't ya think...? Please don't let her have her cake and eat it too, as they say. She is coping with the breakup by keeping you around as a friend until she's ready to let go or until she finds someone new. At that point, you'll suddenly realize she doesn't care to be your friend anymore.

Meanwhile, you're hanging around as her "friend" in hopes that she'll change her mind...therefore you never really start moving on like she is, and when she finally does peace out, you'll be left with your head between your legs wondering what happened, and even more hurt than you are now...

Don't be her friend if you want to be her boyfriend. If you're ok with being JUST her friend, then be her friend. Otherwise, LAUNCH.

• Author

Thanks, that really cleared up what i was thinking...so what steps should i take in removing her from my current life?

should i tell her not to come over on monday?

should i just remove her from my life asap alltogether?

Thanks, that really cleared up what i was thinking...so what steps should i take in removing her from my current life?

should i tell her not to come over on monday?

should i just remove her from my life asap alltogether?

Well, you should be respectful and courteous about it. You were in a relationship, so you at least owe her the decency of a conversation saying that it's best that you not be friends anymore. Then just drop her off the face of your planet. I'm sure you can find various NC (no contact) guides in other members' signatures. Check those out.

• Author

i'll tell tell her on monday when we're done watching the movie, at least then she'll hopefully be calm, and comfortable, so at least it won't hurt...as badly as me not talking to her over this whole weekend...

• Author

This is what i've made up my mind to send her, and she'd see as soon as she logs on to her facebook as a message in her inbox (yes, i just removed her as a friend from fb and skype, along with her number from my phone).

Hi

I hope this doesn't hurt you too much, but i've reached the conclusion that i can't be your friend because i'll go mad if i see you with anybody else, and keeping contact with you would only cause me heartache and pain.

I can't keep contact with you anymore :(

P.s. if it makes you feel any better, you don't have to worry about the IT computer projects i've been doing for you, and this weeks projects count to hardly nothing.

you should easily pass this thing with at least a 6 or a 7.

I would not write anything to her at all. Any bit of information you send still shows her you can be strung along. Drop her and move forward, you need to get as far away from her as possible. The more you keep involving yourself with her the more she knows she can run to you.

You need to be stronger, a lot stronger.

• Author

i think i'm too weak to be able to handle this **** :(

i already sent her a few messages...last one from me was "just like you replied when i'd tell you i miss you, you'd say you don't care, so about your homework, nor do i"

her last message was "oh my god"

i feel like i need to stop sending these, but i apparently don't have the willpower.