I kept getting angry with being blown off, and she kept doing it and we broke up.

I’m posting on here because I need someone to help me. I’ve been given bits and bobs of advice from family and friends – and the real truth is that I’ll probably never get a right answer. These things don’t always work out – and sometimes they do.

I’m head over heels for this girl. We had became friends last year and started dating at the start of the year. Things had gone so great for six months until she went away to camp. This is when things turned sour. She started making plans with me, then changing them at last minutes notice. It wouldn’t have been such a big issue, but I only got to talk with her once every week if I was lucky.

Eventually I kept getting angry with being blown off, and she kept doing it and we broke up. She once again made pie-crust promises that were easily broken. Last week she came back into the city. She made no effort to call – and when she finally did she claimed that he lack of effort was was because she heard from her friends and a buddy of mine that it was a good idea to give me some space. She did call me last night, but the conversation really didn’t go all that well (she ended up crying at one point).

I was going to give her a letter, telling her how I’d been hurt over the summer and how I was still in love with her, but then something hit me. My birthday is next week – and she’s gone away for another 3 weeks today, and there was no mention of the day during our call. I had to remind a buddy to remind her about it. Ouch. I know that pledging my love could be a method in futility, especially to someone who has put me off so much this summer, but I have this urge to do so – I need to do it to either win her back (which I don’t even have much hope for, but it’s what I’d really like) or just for closure, but I know that when she does deject my feelings that I’ll be a broken man.

I think it hurts so much because I believed that she was in love with me. Our summers had gone so differently, and during our phone call she brought things up that I hadn’t even heard about. I pointed out that I’d been put at the bottom of the pile and really didn’t know what was going on with her life anymore.

Does love work again? I certainly hope so, for the sake of all of us sad, and lonely losers in the game – but I’m worried that I’m just being naieve to statistics. She’s gone to BC for three weeks and we decided we’d talk then.

There are so many other factors that come into play here, and I could write chapters on the whole incedent, but I’m just hurting – what I really would like to hear are your thoughts… if any. Thanks for your time.

Ninja Extrordinaire

I wouldn't even waste the time in putting that pen to paper.

Let it go, she obviously doesn't want much to do with you if she constantly brushes you off.

Let alone the fact that it is the most disrespectful and arrogant thing someone can do to someone else. Of course there are exceptions. This girl Im kind of seeing (Tell the truth I have no Idea what we are :) ) wanted me to visit her in Montreal, things changed but as soon as they did she called to let me know what was going on and changed our plans together.

I don't know why people do it cept for the single fact is that they shouldn't. I'd rather the "I can't do anything" or "something has come up but why don't we both go and have fun".