2 years now he has a new 14 year old gf and he's 17

My ex and I just recently broke up. We dated for two years and yeah we had a lot of fights and a lot of tears and a lot of memories together-He's my first- We broke up initially because he had been doing so poorly in school and I was becoming a frequent distraction..it hurt, it hurt so bad because he wanted to marry me have a family with me and to just say 'it's over for now' But, I pushed which now I regret because I forced my ex to come to my homecoming which he didnt want to go to, and I got his dad involved on all the stuff he was doing..Homecoming came and we enjoyed ourselves, I read a text to some girl at his school saying he wanted to cuddle her..and my heart sunk, I asked him: is that her? he told me just an hour before: there is no girl so he told me stop asking and that tonight 'was about us' so we enjoyed the rest of the night I told him I loved him and asked if he loved me and he didn't say it back. we went to our first date spot and sat there and I told him genuinely 'I'm sorry for what I did..I really am..I miss you' and he told me he wasn't gonna get a gf..I believed that..we went home to my house had sex and during sex he said he loved me. after everything was done, he told me he didn't want to stay the night [he's kinda bipolar on anti depressants now] He gets these headaches which cause him a lot of pain..So, I cried and he stayed he said: it feels awkward to be sleeping next to you...but he slept with me..I don't get it. So we fell asleep and I turned over and asked him to wrap his arms around be and he did. A week passed by and I guess all my harassing put him over the edge and he asked a freshman out at his school..not a pretty one..I felt shattered, I cried for days I left voice mails just breaking down he said 'we can only be friend now nothing more.' Told me he loved her after 2 days I laughed and then he changed it to 'I like her a lot' she says she loves him..The other day I was in the hospital mfor my stomach issues and I asked him to come just hold my hand and he just said 'I can't' later he webcammed me and told me dont do anymore sexual stuff..I couple days later he imed me telling me all about her, how she's cute when she plays with her sleeves when he holds her, and she tries to give him little pecks on the lips when he walks away, one of his guy friends comments on my facebook stuff and he asked him: are you macking on my ex? Kid was like: No and he says: Oh, im dating a freshman now she's so much better..but he still talks to me..when he stayed home he webcammed me all day..and we didn't talk about her..He wont let me give him back the teddy bears the rings that was supposed to me in Celtic 'love trust friendship forever' I'm confused..is he just being a friend..or is there maybe some feelings still in there..?

Yesterday

6:30am

Him :.....

Me:?

Him:You just need to stop.

Me:I need to stop what

Him:everything

Me:What is everything

Him:sending me 6 paragraph long messages

Me:I will.

6:31am

Him: trying to make me feel bad

Me: im not trying to make you feel bad.

Him:You are

Him:the **** you send

Me:This is how I feel.

Him:it is.

Well stop.

Me:Fine.

6:34am

Him:Go to schhool

Me:today

Him:?

Me:Not goin

goin back monday

Him: ok welll ttyl

Me:k

This girl is 14..he's 17 she doesnt even act like his girlfriend at school, I asked him why would you tell me about your relationship Him: 'I wanted to tell you'

It's almost like he likes making me jealous it's been 2 days since he said 'ttyl' guess he meant 'talk to you never'..?

Also, I am 17

Edited by jasmin12e
  • Author
I am just gonna come out and say it, you're 17, get the f*** over it.

He's immature, and you shouldn't care one way or the other.

That's a little easier said than done, and kinda rude. He was my first I spent two years with him. I wanted to stay with him and he promised forever this wasnt my first serious relationship, so if I was 20 it would be different?

That's a little easier said than done, and kinda rude. He was my first I spent two years with him. I wanted to stay with him and he promised forever this wasnt my first serious relationship, so if I was 20 it would be different?

Yea it might be rude, but it's the truth. He's being immature. A 14 year old? Don't waste your time anymore. You're still young and will meet many more guys that are nice and mature.

Not really. I am close to 15 years older than yourself and yet MANY of us LS members that are in our 20s, 30s, and beyond go through similar situations and the members feel the same way you do.

What IS universal is the fact that you must not contact him any further. Don't ask him questions about why this and why that...it won't matter. Let him go date whomever he chooses without becoming a "psycho ex"

It is very true that at 17, you have a lifetime where you will meet other guys that you are going to fall deeply in love with. Sorry to say this but yes, you will go through a couple of tough breakups or more. Anyone around my age definitely has.

I know it's VERY tempting to text him to try to win him back somehow. DON'T DO IT! In time, it is highly likely that he will call/text you back to be back in your life. Just keep your dignity and self respect by laying low for awhile. Try not contacting him (texting, Facebook, IM, etc.) for a week and see how good you will feel. You owe him nothing. He broke YOUR heart, right?

• Author
Not really. I am close to 15 years older than yourself and yet MANY of us LS members that are in our 20s, 30s, and beyond go through similar situations and the members feel the same way you do.

What IS universal is the fact that you must not contact him any further. Don't ask him questions about why this and why that...it won't matter. Let him go date whomever he chooses without becoming a "psycho ex"

It is very true that at 17, you have a lifetime where you will meet other guys that you are going to fall deeply in love with. Sorry to say this but yes, you will go through a couple of tough breakups or more. Anyone around my age definitely has.

I know it's VERY tempting to text him to try to win him back somehow. DON'T DO IT! In time, it is highly likely that he will call/text you back to be back in your life. Just keep your dignity and self respect by laying low for awhile. Try not contacting him (texting, Facebook, IM, etc.) for a week and see how good you will feel. You owe him nothing. He broke YOUR heart, right?

You're right, it's like I get over the hump of him and the stuff he did and I start feeling a little better then we like talk, and I just break down. My family is asking me if I need anti depressants but I dont want to have to depend on a pill to make me happy, but im tired of feeling so drained and just finally breaking down at the end of the day..and he just tells me 'stop'

I'm trying so hard to be so strong and hold it together.

You're right, it's like I get over the hump of him and the stuff he did and I start feeling a little better then we like talk, and I just break down. My family is asking me if I need anti depressants but I dont want to have to depend on a pill to make me happy, but im tired of feeling so drained and just finally breaking down at the end of the day..and he just tells me 'stop'

I'm trying so hard to be so strong and hold it together.

You CAN do it. I can assure you..he will NOT be the last guy you will ever have deep and meaningful feelings for. When I was 17, I SWORE and I mean SWORE that the guy I was with was the only one I would ever love....then I met someone else....then someone else...then someone else...you get the picture.

Now, If you cannot get through your normal activities and feel to sad everyday, please seek help. Take your family's offer to get you the right help. Don't give your ex-BF that kind of power to take your happiness away.

LOL you're a child, and you're 17.

No, it would be different if you were 25.

17, 20, 22, most relationships don't matter until you're in your mid 20s at the earliest.

• Author
LOL you're a child, and you're 17.

No, it would be different if you were 25.

17, 20, 22, most relationships don't matter until you're in your mid 20s at the earliest.

I posted here because it seemed like an okay place to post my issue, I didnt come to be called a 'child' or insulted for my age or my feelings.

Do you ever think the rudeness you just portrayed could have a negative effect on a depressed person?

Wouldn't you feel terrible for being the cause?

Edited by jasmin12e
I posted here because it seemed like an okay place to post my issue, I didnt come to be called a 'child' or insulted for my age or my feelings.

Do you ever think the rudeness you just portrayed could have a negative effect on a depressed person?

No actually I wouldn't. First things first, most people that post here are in their twenties. Most high school relationships break up for even more irrational reasons than the average.

I think you need to cling to some raw statistics. I can count how many high school relationships that have led to marriage on one hand. Because there is only 1.

Statistically you're unlikely, regardless of what someone says, to stay with your HS sweetheart.

The next thing is, the person you are when you are 20, or 25 is way different than the person you are when you are 17. One thing or another will interfere with your relationship.

So just let it go.

I know it seems shallow, but the statistics speak for themselves.

We're not discriminating you because you're young, but you really need to open up your eyes to your situation. At your age, there is no such thing as " forever" in a relationship. Those kind of relationships where high school sweethearts marry each other are really rare; and given that there are more years ahead of you, with events that will impact you further, don't you think that your current breakup with your ex seems slightly childish?

Also, as someone has said, your ex is immature. The way he acts is far from the behaviour of a grown up adult. Mature people are naturally more responsible for their actions and they certainly do not date 14 years olds.

Given that you are 17, you should wory about getting ready for college. The SATs are more important than obsessing over a boy who would become merely a memory in a couple of years' time.

• Author
No actually I wouldn't. First things first, most people that post here are in their twenties. Most high school relationships break up for even more irrational reasons than the average.

I think you need to cling to some raw statistics. I can count how many high school relationships that have led to marriage on one hand. Because there is only 1.

Statistically you're unlikely, regardless of what someone says, to stay with your HS sweetheart.

The next thing is, the person you are when you are 20, or 25 is way different than the person you are when you are 17. One thing or another will interfere with your relationship.

So just let it go.

I know it seems shallow, but the statistics speak for themselves.

I'd like to see a drawn out statistics chart.

You can count the relationships you know of on one hand, while I can count the ones I know of on two.

I believe you would.

• Author
You CAN do it. I can assure you..he will NOT be the last guy you will ever have deep and meaningful feelings for. When I was 17, I SWORE and I mean SWORE that the guy I was with was the only one I would ever love....then I met someone else....then someone else...then someone else...you get the picture.

Now, If you cannot get through your normal activities and feel to sad everyday, please seek help. Take your family's offer to get you the right help. Don't give your ex-BF that kind of power to take your happiness away.

I'm gonna take the advice and not talk to him for a week or however long he doesn't talk to me. He's taken too much power over my life and sometimes I find it hard to function normally now. I don't enjoy feeling this pathetic.

Hi,

I really think people are being rude. If you have nothing nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all. I wish I had found the comfort of these forums when I was her age.

I know how your feeling. I really do. I'm 24 (25 in a few months) now and I was with my high school sweetheart all through highschool and we drifted when I went to college (We were 3 years apart). I loved that boy to pieces and truly truly truly thought I would spend my life with him at the time. I was beyond hysterical when we broke up (he wanted the break up more than I did)... my parents I remember were extremely concerned about me and he did the same as your ex is doing... strung me along for the ride incase he discovered there wasn't anyone else out there better. At the time he was old enough to go out to the bars (I was not) and he would tell me how he got so drunk, made out with other girls, etc. It hurt tremendously. I was an idiot at the time and allowed this to go on for 6 months.

Eventually for my sanity I did go NC. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I got back to being a "college kid", hanging out with friends and even met my now ex-fiancee. About a year later I received a text from him saying he wanted to meet up. At this time I had a guy and was a bit more mature then when I was with my highschool guy and decided to go because there were many things I wanted to tell him, not to mention I felt it would give me "closure". I went and for the first time in all the years we were together I finally got an apology from him and I got to say all the things I had built up inside. It's been about seven years now and I still hear from him every couple months or so and he still insists he will never marry anyone until he finds someone as special as I was to him.. my ex and I broke up about a year ago and him and I went out a few times and it was nice. We had a lot of fun and he still until this day is the only guy that can put knots in my stomach. However, I agree with the one poster that said the person you are when your 17 and the person you are when your in your 20's is drastically different. I know how you feel, I'll never forget that feeling but please trust me that when your in your 20's your going to be saying the same thing to a 17 year old.

My ex (now 28) actually wanted a real relationship about a year ago and it would have never worked because while he is and ALWAYS will be my first love and the one guy I will always love unconditionally him and I lead two completely different lives, we have such different morals, values and goals and at this age there are a lot more to a relationship than just puppy love. In my opinion, the hardest part of life for me to grasp is that people CHANGE.

Just please know there are people out there that understand how your feeling. Your post snagged at my heart and brought me back to your age when i was going through the same thing. You will always love your first love in a "different" way. They will always hold a special place in your heart that no wonderful, amazing, awesome man can replace but they are simply just that: a memory.

Stay Strong!

Here, here. No one has the right to scoff at anyone else's pain just because the person is younger. I'm sorry jasmin12e for the less than compassionate responses from particular posters.

• Author
Hi,

I really think people are being rude. If you have nothing nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all. I wish I had found the comfort of these forums when I was her age.

I know how your feeling. I really do. I'm 24 (25 in a few months) now and I was with my high school sweetheart all through highschool and we drifted when I went to college (We were 3 years apart). I loved that boy to pieces and truly truly truly thought I would spend my life with him at the time. I was beyond hysterical when we broke up (he wanted the break up more than I did)... my parents I remember were extremely concerned about me and he did the same as your ex is doing... strung me along for the ride incase he discovered there wasn't anyone else out there better. At the time he was old enough to go out to the bars (I was not) and he would tell me how he got so drunk, made out with other girls, etc. It hurt tremendously. I was an idiot at the time and allowed this to go on for 6 months.

Eventually for my sanity I did go NC. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I got back to being a "college kid", hanging out with friends and even met my now ex-fiancee. About a year later I received a text from him saying he wanted to meet up. At this time I had a guy and was a bit more mature then when I was with my highschool guy and decided to go because there were many things I wanted to tell him, not to mention I felt it would give me "closure". I went and for the first time in all the years we were together I finally got an apology from him and I got to say all the things I had built up inside. It's been about seven years now and I still hear from him every couple months or so and he still insists he will never marry anyone until he finds someone as special as I was to him.. my ex and I broke up about a year ago and him and I went out a few times and it was nice. We had a lot of fun and he still until this day is the only guy that can put knots in my stomach. However, I agree with the one poster that said the person you are when your 17 and the person you are when your in your 20's is drastically different. I know how you feel, I'll never forget that feeling but please trust me that when your in your 20's your going to be saying the same thing to a 17 year old.

My ex (now 28) actually wanted a real relationship about a year ago and it would have never worked because while he is and ALWAYS will be my first love and the one guy I will always love unconditionally him and I lead two completely different lives, we have such different morals, values and goals and at this age there are a lot more to a relationship than just puppy love. In my opinion, the hardest part of life for me to grasp is that people CHANGE.

Just please know there are people out there that understand how your feeling. Your post snagged at my heart and brought me back to your age when i was going through the same thing. You will always love your first love in a "different" way. They will always hold a special place in your heart that no wonderful, amazing, awesome man can replace but they are simply just that: a memory.

Stay Strong!

I really appreciate your kindness and showing me some respect for my current issue, for the past 3 days him and I have had nc he didn't even text me. His life seems to be falling apart. and as I'm worried but not worried enough to come to the rescue and see what's going on in his head.

In the beginning he initially asked me for 'space' I refused to give him that because when I broke it off with him he stayed on my butt for weeks. It hurts he's avoiding me like plague and I came to notice he un-tagged himself from close to all our pictures kissing or together except for one. And that's just us sitting in my room smiling at the camera. I'm not sure if he left it on purpose or if he left it on accident, he left a picture of him and the ex before me which he dated for a year then deleted it as we got more serious. Today, I felt a little down and almost texted him. I shook off the feeling and somehow made it through the day. I know he wont be the only guy to hurt me and I may have alot more in my life but this relationship meant the world to me. I loved him, I loved him so much and for him to hurt me like this I kinda would like to slap him. I'm not sure how forgiving I can be, if he said sorry and meant it, possibly but the fact he had no care for my feelings and took the time to untag every picture except one made me really angry. It's unacceptable how weak i've allowed him to make me. I am not this pathetic girl he can walk all over. I wanted to stay with him and I made promises I wanted to keep, but if he can turn around and date a CHILD years younger and tell me about it, then forget him.

He will come back, they always do and I can either accept it, or choose not to and if he does come back he best be prepared to give a REAL sorry.

Edited by jasmin12e

He will come back, they always do and I can either accept it, or choose not to and if he does come back he best be prepared to give a REAL sorry.

You will know what a real sorry is deep in your gut. Yeah, he might come by your home with flowers and promises but it will be what he is WILLING to do for the relationship that will ring true.

If he does come back assuming you will immediately fall back into his arms, don't give in!

As everyone advises, stay NC until you feel absolutely capable of handling contact with him....preferably when you KNOW you are no longer interested in him. This will ensure that he can't play with your heartstrings and easily snag you back in without any work on his part.

We are rooting for you jasmin! We all make mistakes and must learn from them but let this relationship be the one mistake you don't have to relive twice.

Hey, I too am 17 years old and going through a break up. My ex was my first everything and we were pretty serious. She dumped me in the worst kind of way and turned into a complete slut. She now has a BF after saying she doesn't want a relationship.

Yeah, some people are rude, but MOST people here are the nicest people in the world. Who gives a **** if you're younger than most users. It doesn't matter if you're 25, 10, or 37, Heartbreak is painful for everyone.. It's actually great that you and I found this website so in the future, we know what to do. Go NC, don't bother with this immature guy, and lets focus on the SAT/ACT and going to a good college. And continue to post on this site. I too feel weird posting here sometimes due to my age, but there are so many people here that understand and care, and for those who don't, just **** them.

We'll meet way better people in college. Lets hit the books! :)

I really appreciate your kindness and showing me some respect for my current issue, for the past 3 days him and I have had nc he didn't even text me. His life seems to be falling apart. and as I'm worried but not worried enough to come to the rescue and see what's going on in his head.

In the beginning he initially asked me for 'space' I refused to give him that because when I broke it off with him he stayed on my butt for weeks. It hurts he's avoiding me like plague and I came to notice he un-tagged himself from close to all our pictures kissing or together except for one. And that's just us sitting in my room smiling at the camera. I'm not sure if he left it on purpose or if he left it on accident, he left a picture of him and the ex before me which he dated for a year then deleted it as we got more serious. Today, I felt a little down and almost texted him. I shook off the feeling and somehow made it through the day. I know he wont be the only guy to hurt me and I may have alot more in my life but this relationship meant the world to me. I loved him, I loved him so much and for him to hurt me like this I kinda would like to slap him. I'm not sure how forgiving I can be, if he said sorry and meant it, possibly but the fact he had no care for my feelings and took the time to untag every picture except one made me really angry. It's unacceptable how weak i've allowed him to make me. I am not this pathetic girl he can walk all over. I wanted to stay with him and I made promises I wanted to keep, but if he can turn around and date a CHILD years younger and tell me about it, then forget him.

I'm truly sorry jasmin. It does hurt and I wish I could tell you that as you get older it gets easier. I just said to my mom today "You would think as I got older and went through more break ups they would be easier and I would get it together by now".... Unfortunately they are not. If it gives you any console my ex fiancee, yes the man I was with for 5 years, had a home with, had a dog with, was suppose to marry he blocked me completely from facebook, untagged all of our pictures, removed all our mutual friends and still 15 months later I am still blocked. I feel a bit immature saying it like that but I will whole heartedly admit that hurt me too. Yes, people say it's just facebook but in our generation it's "the thing".

I know you don't want to hear it but NC will definitely give you that drive to move on. I usually don't use the term "move on" because I am one of those people that when someone says to me "move on".. I want to be like "don't you think I would have if it was that easy!?"... BUT having the drive to do it and telling yourself "I need to do this for me, it's no longer about him" makes it a lot easier.

Your going to have good days and bad days... just know that we are all here for you! :)

Stay strong, girl!

• Author

So one of my exes good friends of mine and I talked about whether my ex is really happy. He told me he does seem pretty happy and said as much as he hates to advise me this 'I should let go and try to move along it'll hurt for awhile but it'll stop soon' I told him I didn't just want my feelings to stop, and I asked him why my ex like laughed at my pain sometimes and just acted like he didn't care. He went on to tell me: Because he knows the more he ticks you off the more you'll probably go 'screw this im out' and that's also why he's not gonna talk to me no matter what..I broke down again and this time it was worse then the other times so bad, my mother was worried i'd do something which at that time I felt like I could. My whole body hurt, sometimes it just feels like I wanna crawl out of my skin. Today, I think im getting antidepressants so I can at least feel a little better. So, I guess he really is done with me, I wanted to see if the antidepressants would help him since he's diagnosed with being bipolar and is now being medicated for it..but..I wonder how long that'll take.

Jasmin,

You are young. You need to understand that this is a situation many of us have gone through at least once. I think you are doing yourself a great disservice by relying on antidepressants to get you over something temporary. You shouldn't rely on drugs unless you have a permanent condition. The main reason being is that antidepressants are known to be addictive and unless you learn how to handle this on your own, you will again come to rely on them later.

I've seen many young women come out damaged from getting into relationships at a young age. Not because of what happened in the relationship, but because of how they neglected healing and they were unable to cope with loss. These girls ended up endlessly rebounding and into drugs. Some even got pregnant. None of them can really hold down any meaningful relationships simply because they never learned to cope with loss.

I'm sorry that others may have been rude. On the contrary, I believe that young girls in relationships need the most guidance. So please. I am begging you, learn to deal with this on your own. Don't use shortcuts like medications. Work towards positive outlets and learn to be a strong individual. If you work through the pain on your own, I promise you will be a much better and stronger person because this is just the beginning. How you handle this loss will most likely set the tone for how you handle future losses. Sadly, there will probably be more, it's life after all.

So do it right the first time. It will get easier with each day, you just need to focus on handling a little at a time and you will come out undamaged, stronger, and more of a women.

• Author
Jasmin,

You are young. You need to understand that this is a situation many of us have gone through at least once. I think you are doing yourself a great disservice by relying on antidepressants to get you over something temporary. You shouldn't rely on drugs unless you have a permanent condition. The main reason being is that antidepressants are known to be addictive and unless you learn how to handle this on your own, you will again come to rely on them later.

I've seen many young women come out damaged from getting into relationships at a young age. Not because of what happened in the relationship, but because of how they neglected healing and they were unable to cope with loss. These girls ended up endlessly rebounding and into drugs. Some even got pregnant. None of them can really hold down any meaningful relationships simply because they never learned to cope with loss.

I'm sorry that others may have been rude. On the contrary, I believe that young girls in relationships need the most guidance. So please. I am begging you, learn to deal with this on your own. Don't use shortcuts like medications. Work towards positive outlets and learn to be a strong individual. If you work through the pain on your own, I promise you will be a much better and stronger person because this is just the beginning. How you handle this loss will most likely set the tone for how you handle future losses. Sadly, there will probably be more, it's life after all.

So do it right the first time. It will get easier with each day, you just need to focus on handling a little at a time and you will come out undamaged, stronger, and more of a women.

I completely understand, I may actually just get a psychiatrist to talk to and sort out everything I feel, it actually does seem to help.

UPDATE: Four days of No Contact no facebook posts nothing and my ex randomly imed me: Hi I'm like: hi.. him: whats up? Me: Nm, went to doctors Him:Oh Me:Yup, blood drawn whats up with you? Him: Huh?

then no response. Guess he was just bored.

I completely understand, I may actually just get a psychiatrist to talk to and sort out everything I feel, it actually does seem to help.

UPDATE: Four days of No Contact no facebook posts nothing and my ex randomly imed me: Hi I'm like: hi.. him: whats up? Me: Nm, went to doctors Him:Oh Me:Yup, blood drawn whats up with you? Him: Huh?

then no response. Guess he was just bored.

Yeah, they do that. Sometimes, they check up on you, which will set you back if you reply.

Best to ignore. You're young, I'm young. Let's not focus on immature people like our exes.

• Author
Yeah, they do that. Sometimes, they check up on you, which will set you back if you reply.

Best to ignore. You're young, I'm young. Let's not focus on immature people like our exes.

Yeah, he proceeded to post the song Hoobastank -The reason

and say 'this is how I kinda feel right now'

When I ask him how he is it's not with emotional attachment i'm asking because I worry. Maybe not as a person who loves him but as some one who was once close I guess.