How do dumpers move on when they still cared for their ex?

A question in general about dumpers...Say you were dumped, although you didn't cause the break up, you were a good person, the relationship was good but the dumper wanted to take a chance on someone new..The dumper still had feelings for you, and told you he will use this new person to get over you...How do you have a relationship with someone else when there is still feelings left for someone you just left behind?

My ex flat out told me he really cared about me, that he loved me, I was amazing ect..that it hurt too much to talk or see me, but went off with someone new.

Its been taking me so long to get past this but I am almost ready.

I want to start a new relationship, but I still have left over feelings of love in my heart for him...So how could he still have feelings for me and go off with someone else and pretend I dont exist??

So if I meet someone new and we click and the chemicals erupt..I will magically stop having feelings?

A question in general about dumpers...Say you were dumped, although you didn't cause the break up, you were a good person, the relationship was good but the dumper wanted to take a chance on someone new..The dumper still had feelings for you, and told you he will use this new person to get over you...How do you have a relationship with someone else when there is still feelings left for someone you just left behind?

My ex flat out told me he really cared about me, that he loved me, I was amazing ect..that it hurt too much to talk or see me, but went off with someone new.

Its been taking me so long to get past this but I am almost ready.

I want to start a new relationship, but I still have left over feelings of love in my heart for him...So how could he still have feelings for me and go off with someone else and pretend I dont exist??

So if I meet someone new and we click and the chemicals erupt..I will magically stop having feelings?

Use the mean thing he did to you and turn it into motivation. I know, easier said than done. Hit the gym, go for walks, hang out with friends. Make yourself look more amazing than the girl he left you for so when he sees you again you can say, "nope sorry, I found someone better!" Just think how good that will feel.

• Author
Use the mean thing he did to you and turn it into motivation. I know, easier said than done. Hit the gym, go for walks, hang out with friends. Make yourself look more amazing than the girl he left you for so when he sees you again you can say, "nope sorry, I found someone better!" Just think how good that will feel.

well I am already that girl have always did the gym thing and looked good..I may be 18 years older than the 18 yr old he left me for but, I look amazing (not trying to be a snob about it) I have a funny feeling it wasnt about my looks it was more about someone else that was okay with his issues :(