can I call or text him??

schoolgirlb

It's day 7 and I miss him terribly, I wonder if he feels the same being that I'm the one who called it off...I didnt want to hurt him we were just starting to argue alot within the past week and the relationship is brand new (3months) so I wanted us to take some time to figure out what we want. He fought it at first but reluctantly agreed 2 days later. He's used to call/text me several times a day, every single day, but he hasnt made one single effort to contact me since last monday.I have refrained from contacting him as well. Today is exactly one week. I'm hurting so bad because of losing him but it tears me up even more to think he might be in this same pain which I could easily resolve by letting him know I still love him. I'm scared to call though, because I'm worried he may be fine with the break up and maybe he isnt contacting me because he is enjoying his freedom...I'm so confused,scared, and hurt...Somebody please help, before I do, (or don't do) something I regret... )*:

:(

ElToroGrande

Only call him if your 100% sure you want him back. Dont get back together with him just because you feel he is not that bothered anymore. Think about everything and of you's BOTH really care for each other, if so and nothing majorly bad has happened you may as well take a chance!

People regret things that they never tried a lot more than things they tried and failed at.

heavensmesenger

*shakes head*

You already know the answer. Looking at your post it's pretty obvious that you want him.

Give him a call and ask to take things slow. He's probably on this website doing NC to get over you for dumping him.

The way I look at it is theres nothing wrong with a second chance and you'll regret it for the rest of your life if you don't right?

Put yourself out there and if it doesn't work well at least you can hold your head up and say I tried, he didn't.

Wait so you broke up with him but now you're scared that god forbid he might be trying to move on with his life? How dare he!

Unless you are calling him to apologize profusely and beg him for his forgiveness anything else is just mean and selfish on your part. You broke his heart don't bother him.

Why would you expect him to contact you after you told him you don’t want to be with him? Did you break up with him just to get some attention? I think a lot of young, naïve girls think that if they break up with their boyfriends it will shake the guy up enough to pay extra special attention to the girl. That’s a really crappy way of playing games with people’s emotions. You break up with someone you have to pay the consequences of never seeing them again. That’s what a breakup is.

EYECANDY000

what are you hoping to gain from talking to him? are you seeking to get back together? Do you think anything will change? Or do you just want to get back together because its a comfort there, and you dont want to be alone or find someone new?

• Author
schoolgirlb

I wanted a break not a break up..he didnt want one at first and tried contacting me twice after. I told him that I'm not sure how a "break" should work but I didnt think it entailed calling and texting eachother. I told him I want to give him a few weeks of pure freedom without having me to "answer" to. I figured it was for the best so HE could figure out what he wants since he was the one who was beginning to put his friends before me. I KNOW that I want him..I adore him and only want to see him happy but I need to be happy too...He argued about the breakup and initially, he did not want to do it, but once I rationally pointed out all the petty problems we were beginning to have, at how it was driving us apart, he agreed. Ideally I would have liked for him to have this week, including the weekend, off from me, and then he wouldve realized how much he missed me, but obviously it didnt work that way. He's m.i.a., 7 days no contact, and I don't want to call him and crowd his space since this was all my idea, but I also don't want to wait too long just in case he is waiting around for me to call... I'm not sure I broke his heart but if it takes begging and pleading I'll do just that..I just don't want to jump the gun or even worse, make a complete fool of myself, after all, shouldnt he be calling me?? He is the man, and a majority of our arguements started over things he did....:(

• Author
schoolgirlb

I want him. I love him. We get on great, we have an excellent time every time we're together, we could be doing nothing at all and still have a good time. I know that I want him, I know that I can and will change my nagging ways. We were moving way too fast and this week really gave me time to reevaluate. I would keep my social life and allow him to have his. I was putting my hurts from past relationships onto him and at the time I really believed he was doing me so horribly wrong, but now that I look back I see alot of our arguements were petty!! I have no problem meeting new, quality men, trust me, I just want him..He is my friend as well as my lover and I miss him so much :*(

Ideally I would have liked for him to have this week, including the weekend, off from me, and then he wouldve realized how much he missed me,

I'm not trying to be judgmental but let me offer you a word of advice from a man's point of view.

DON'T FREAKING BREAK UP WITH SOMEONE TO "MAKE THEM MISS [YOU]" This is just screwing with a guy's emotions and it's completely unfair. If you don't want to be in relationship with someone than don't be. If you want to break up then break up. But don't play games with someone.

• Author
schoolgirlb

So should I or should I not contact him?? If I shouldnt is it because I should wait because if he really cared he'd call me?? or if I should call/txt him, how would I start the convo?? I'm not trying to end the break if he doesnt want to, I kinda just want to see where his head is at and let him know that I'm still here, still loving him and respecting his decision making time..I mean of course if he wanted to end the break and get back together i'd be all for it but I cant get it out of my head that if he cared he wouldve called...I dont know what course of action to follow!!! Somebody please help;!!!!

I wouldn't call until you know what you really want. It doesn't sound like you do.

You said you guys should take a break to see how see how you feel but now you're saying it was really to make him miss you. He tried to call you and apparently you told him that wasn't good. It's not fun to feel rejected over and over by somebody. He may have moved on or he may just not want to feel like crap anymore since you told him you needed space.

Only call him if you know where you want to take the relationship. If not, you're just messing with the poor guy.

EYECANDY000

Its normal that you miss him so much. and since he isnt initiating contact then its making it more harder for you. But im sure hes trying to protect himself as well.

Also you were adamant about giving it a month to figure things out. Its only been a week. Im sure its been a loooong week but this is what you asked for. You stated that you can learn to control your nagging. which seems like was one of the problems leading up to the petty argruments. ! week isnt enough time to give yourself to work on you!

Only call him if you know what you want! otherwise dont keep breaking this poor guys hearts and reapeating the cycle. Trust me it hurts. Thats what I am currently going through. I am batteling if I should contact my ex or not. it hurts girl to be crushed. And Im not saying that you have never been, but it hurts like hell.

And im sure he is thinking about you as much as you are thinking about him. but as i stated earlier this is what you asked for.