What a mess.

Sometimes I wonder if I live in a soap opera. This has been the messiest break up I have ever experienced. Emotional highs and lows, deceit and even the my job has placed me in a position where I'm forced to fight to help her. Ugh...

Anyway, after reading up on the wonders of NC here on LS. I went hard NC with this girl to curb the drama. The night I implemented NC I woke up to an "I will miss you" text and a voice mail about some property of mine she has in her possession. I made arrangements to get my property and quickly realize that it was a ploy to rope me back in. I reimplemented NC.

This past weekend I have had 9 calls from the Ex, 5 text messages, 2 calls to my office, my boss has been called and texted and a mutual friend has been questioned by her. She, apparently, wants to make sure I'm "ok and alive".

My curiosity is getting the best of me and I cant figure out why she would try so hard to hunt me down. She crossed a line when she contacted my boss and he intends to give her a call at lunch today. Should I allow my boss to call her? Should I break NC and tell her to get lost again?

Nope, don't break NC. She will get the point. She didn't really think you were suddenly dead, she just isn't clever enough to come up with a better excuse.

Why does she have your boss's cell #?

• Author

I see... She knows she can push that button and get a response from me. Makes sense. She even got her mom to text me. Ugh... Im so curious now.

I work in a small police department. It’s like a family with guns. My boss picked up on some jealousy between the ex and a coworker and contacted the ex to reassure her that nothing was going on. She must have saved my boss' number.

I'd just do what I could to stick to NC at all costs. There's no reason for your boss to contact her, and if she bothers him again, he can tell her to stop. Going out of his way will only prolong the drama for everyone, I am sure.

• Author

I appreciate your input Mella. I'm sticking by my guns and not contacting her. I've asked my boss to do the same.

Update: Overnight I got 3 text messages asking me if I was angry, a friendly "concerned" voice mail, a note on my car regarding some shoes she wanted to return, and a note from a coworker about her asking me to call her.

I will admit... I'm a little weirded out. I'm thinking I wasn't very clear when I asked for NC so she just isnt gettin it.

• Author

She "ran into" me at a local diner I go to, gave me the property she was holding and sent me down a emotional spiral. I explained to her that this will be the LAST time we interact. I kept my composure, but it beat me up pretty good. I miss her again :(

A couple weeks of healing erased.

Let this be a lesson to everyone on NC. Stick to it. Healing is delicate process and one moment of weakness can shatter it all.

I feel for you. I had to go through the same drama and it just sucks. All I wanted was the same thing NC. And I told him but he practically harassed me and stalked me and my friends.

Some people just don't get it. But I think they feed off the fact they can kinda tell you miss them and don't wanna be doing NC. I mean you need to, but there are definite times you don't want to. And they can sense it and instead of giving a **** about what you need they are selfish and only think of what they want.

Geesh, this girl wants to make sure EVERYONE knows your personal business!

If you do end up in contact with her again, do it only to tell her you'll slap a harassment charge on her so fast it will make her head spin if she doesn't stop contacting your professional contacts and job. :mad: And I hope your boss and coworkers don't start treating you funny over it.

• Author

Sorry for the late reply. I think ISB nailed this one on the head... She feeds on the fact that I miss her and takes satisfaction in knowing she has a small part of my heart.

I really don't understand the logic behind this... A girl cheats on you, starts a new relationship with the OM and still wants to keep u around... Weird.

No one is treating me weird at work, but I have had my fair share of crazy ex stalker jokes thrown my way.

Yay.