Anyone ever regretted leaving there ex of 4-5 years after leaving them for someone

Has anyone ever regretted leaving there ex of 4-5 years after leaving them for someone else?

If so, how long did it take to miss or regret what you had done?

I was left, and I want to see what it's like on the other side.

• Author
You want to know or want hope?

Not really hope.. I just want to know if he will regret it because I want him to, so that he feels some sort of pain out of this too

there is always some sort of hope when you really love someone but I know that it is not always the best thing...

Edited by alone5786

**so i misread I didn't leave her for someone else sorry**

I left my gf after 4 years and I regret it every day.

It happened for a reason, and shes had enough and isn't coming back.

But the answer to your question is yes, many times they do.

Edited by Kantor
  • Author
**so i misread I didn't leave her for someone else sorry**

I left my gf after 4 years and I regret it every day.

It happened for a reason, and shes had enough and isn't coming back.

But the answer to your question is yes, many times they do.

its ok.. i want to know in general anyway... I wasn't exactly left for someone else.. we broke up and after no contact for a month we started talking again and he was apparently talking to someone else.. then after another month of nc... we started hanging out and he was acting like he wanted to get back together.. and then I found out he was dating the other girl and wanted to be with her and not me

I left my b/f of 8 years... And i dont regret it at all. There was times i was lonely and thought oooh! I should get back with him but they were fleeting and i never acted upon them...

So i guess it depends on the people...

Its really a case by case situation, but in most cases a break where a length of time is involved is a breakup for good.

The grieving and coping process makes us want them back oh so bad to feel normal again.

I made a mistake because I was afraid of commitment, and tried to get her to give me just once more chance, but she has put up walls to protect her from being hurt again.

Im left knowing I caused this, and have to learn from it.

So is there any hope, it depends on the situation, there can be if both parties are willing and truly want to work on it.

It takes a lot of time and effort and the odds are stacked against you.