Staying no contact is hard in a small town

So, a week after she texted me to pick up things I left at her place, and then left out one of the items that she left in the bag on her deck, I ran into her at the local mall. It was totally random and out of the blue. I was in total shock. And it must have looked obvious. SHe looked smug, and said "hey Paralyzed". I replied "hey" and kept walking. My knees became weak, i was short of breath and my heart pounded. I was actually having a panic attack. I found the escalator and headed towards the door. On the way out I saw her again, this time no hello, I glared and had my phone up to my ear. I was calling a friend to calm me down. This was last Thursday evening. I felt like a child seeing it's abuser years later and having a total fear reaction. I decided that I really did not want to see her again. EVER. Two eveinings later, at 2am in a local club (that her nor her friends ever frequent) she showed up. Once again, total shock. However, not nearlly as shocking as seeing her there with another man. Laughing, joking, flirting, touching. She played it up to the max. I even saw her flexing her bicep for him. PUKE! That is so much like her. Drunk, showing off, needing attention. They stood there and didn't dance. I got my coat and exited. I'm not sure if she saw me, but she did see my friends, and acknowledged them. I was devastated, night ruined after having such a good time.

How do I deal with seeing her? This is a relatively small town. I'm certain she arrived at the club so I could see her, hoping I would react, and perhaps contact her. Who knows. But, If I am right she will likely try it again. How do I handle these situations? I left my wife 3 years ago, and never ever attempted to throw my new gf in her face or make her upset or jealous in any way. Why do they do this? If she does this again, what is my best course of action?

TapiocaDexterin

hey there,

you need to find yourself a new place to go for a while im afraid, until you feel a bit better.

i know its hard, but try going to the next town or something, or going out on a different night,

It sucks so bad to not be able to get away from people who hurt you. I suggest laying low for a while. Maybe take a break from the local scene, or find something else to do. It's not good when they know where to go looking for you.