I blocked him on facebook. You should do the same

brokenrightnow

I blocked him from facebook last night. It took a lot of guts and thinking. But looking at his page daily and seeing his "single" status was only hurting me.

I suggest you guys do the same.

I can't bring myself to do it. Neither one of us barely update anything anymore. We use to post on each others walls and send each other little hearts and smiles and comment on each others every post. Since the break up last Saturday, there has been no communication on FB, except the first day when I wrote a funny little story and she wrote "LOL" but then removed her comment quickly. I think we are both waiting for something, I don't know what, or maybe we are both just bored with FB since we don't talk to each other there anymore. I have thought about deleting her as a friend, but I keep checking every day just to see if she has deleted me, and she hasn't. Once I didn't see her anymore and I thought she did and my heart sank, but I found her still there and was relieved. Ugh!

deux ex machina
I blocked him from facebook last night. It took a lot of guts and thinking. But looking at his page daily and seeing his "single" status was only hurting me.

I suggest you guys do the same.

Good for you. Facebook is evil! :laugh::bunny:

I can't bring myself to do it. Neither one of us barely update anything anymore. We use to post on each others walls and send each other little hearts and smiles and comment on each others every post. Since the break up last Saturday, there has been no communication on FB, except the first day when I wrote a funny little story and she wrote "LOL" but then removed her comment quickly. I think we are both waiting for something, I don't know what, or maybe we are both just bored with FB since we don't talk to each other there anymore. I have thought about deleting her as a friend, but I keep checking every day just to see if she has deleted me, and she hasn't. Once I didn't see her anymore and I thought she did and my heart sank, but I found her still there and was relieved. Ugh!

You need to do it. She's still controlling your emotions through passive contact. You need to either delete her or stop going on FB all together.

I stopped going on it for months myself because I knew if I did, I'd look her up. My ex i mean.

I deleted mine altogether. Deleted my myspace too. Took a lot for me to do but its just a website. Once i heal i can decide whether i want to be back on them or not.

• Author
brokenrightnow

Well he just called me. Hadn't called me since the break up. He saw that I deleted him. It took me to delete him from a stupid website to get a reaction from him.

He wants to talk.

I did this. After 2 months of limbo with my bf, where he was CONSTANTLY contacting me on FB, I finally deactivated my account. I couldn't bear to delete him as a friend, although I tried to block him. Immediately after this happened, he wanted to meet me. We ended up getting back together. Sometimes people need to be faced with losing someone before they realize what they stand to lose. Just my story with the whole FB thing. I almost wish I had done it a month earlier! It took more strength than it should have!

I took him off of my Facebook today and erased all e-mails to and from him from my personal account. I also erased his telephone number and e-mail address, and removed him from my IM list. This way, I will not be able to contact him, even if I wanted to. I cried when I did this, and I regret it a little, but it needed to be done. I really like him, and I am pretty sure that he feels the same way and is confused about it all, but in the end, I was spending too much time obsessing over whether or not he could read the things I was writing. I discovered that I was censoring myself, and that is not the woman he fell for in the first place. I have no idea whether he even notices that I have erased him or not, and the not-knowing is bothering me. I guess only time will tell. In the meantime, I will do everything I can to try and move forward with my life, with the hope that he may one day be a part of it again. :confused:

Why is it so hard to remove ex's from Facebook? Just click the remove "x" next to their name and move on with your life. Its not like you are killing them. The very first thing I did after the breakup was delete her from my Facebook. Why should I keep torturing myself? I might as well stab my hand everyday because its the same thing. If we reconcile or decide to be friends in the far future, then I will re-add her. If she doesn't understand, then that's not my problem anymore. We are no longer together, so I don't have to explain my actions to her.

A bit of advice though for you who have de-activated your account. When/if you restart it, it WILL remember all of your current friends. So unless you remove the ex, as soon as you go back it will be as if you never left.

Think of deleting them as a metaphor for deleting them from your life. You can always re-add them, but it is better to remove the roadblock to complete recovery known as Facebook. I have yet to see a thread on here that says, "Yay! I checked my ex's Facebook account and I could not be happier!!!"

I deleted my ex from Facebook after about two months but I did not block her. Does this mean she can still see my page? I cant imagine she would look at it even if she could.

She blocked me from FB so now all I can see is her profile picture and I have stopped looking at that.

T

I blocked and unfriended my ex after a month. I just couldnt face seeing her updates all the time. it runs wild with your imagination and you need to do it to move on. i decided to unblock her in the end but still unfriend her.

I bumped into my ex last night for the first time since we split 5 months. Talked for about 20 minutes. just catching up really and didnt talk about the relationship. she said she realised i took her of facebook, but in the end there was no hard feelings between us. cutting all contact does help you in the long run.

I deleted my ex from Facebook after about two months but I did not block her. Does this mean she can still see my page? I cant imagine she would look at it even if she could.

She blocked me from FB so now all I can see is her profile picture and I have stopped looking at that.

T

No it does however mean that she can find you again and try to add you - if you accept.

Blocking is better because it removes everything about you away from her account.

always a good move to block and delete an ex off your social site pages. I have always maintained that for the most part, Social Sites are RELATIONSHIP KILLERS.

If there is anything wrong in a romantic relationship, having pages on FB, MS or Tagged is about as awful as it can get. It sucks because even if things are seemingly going good, a post by a stranger of the opposite sex, or something that may be perceived by the other party as "flirty" or anything of that nature is bound to cause at the very least uncomfortableness, and at the worst, needless drama.

The best way to move on if you share membership on a site is to make that person insignificant.

always a good move to block and delete an ex off your social site pages. I have always maintained that for the most part, Social Sites are RELATIONSHIP KILLERS.

If there is anything wrong in a romantic relationship, having pages on FB, MS or Tagged is about as awful as it can get. It sucks because even if things are seemingly going good, a post by a stranger of the opposite sex, or something that may be perceived by the other party as "flirty" or anything of that nature is bound to cause at the very least uncomfortableness, and at the worst, needless drama.

The best way to move on if you share membership on a site is to make that person insignificant.

Going on facebook too much is a sure fire way to start ofa decline of some relationships. Wireless routers,laptops and facebook can be a bad combination. my ex spent far too much time on facebook when i was sat with her at home.