he broke up with me sunday. I want to text him!!!

brokenrightnow

hey guys

been reading all these forums the past few days and you guys have kept from texting him

he broke up with me OUT OF THE BLUE sunday afternoon. I didn't fight it, I simply walked away.

He has not called me. I was doing fine, but now i miss him terribly. I want to text him with a simple "I miss you".

part of me felt that by now he would have realized he made a mistake. I am miserable. I feel sick to my stomach. please help....

DON'T do it!!!! What if he doesn't text you back??? HURT!! What if he texts you back something you don't want to hear?? HURT!!! Fight it, fake it and keep up the NC! I have messed this up myself and feel AWFUL about it...hold steady and stay strong...this takes discipline and strength. Find it and use it! You can do this! He already knows you miss him...trust me :)

Do not do it.

Post here -- vent it out here or in a journal, etc. Do not contact him at all.

There is a thread here on LS to post on instead of contacting your ex.

Or use this one. But absolutely do not contact a man that walked away from you.

Read my posts. I am in the same shoes. I am upset that my ex is living it up with his new girlfriend yet tells me he hopes to be with me "after its over." I feel like a fool.

Please practice NC (NO CONTACT). Each and everyday you will feel accomplished. You don't want to text, "i miss you", only to receive no response or even worse, a response for you to never call again. Continue to show him that you are a bigger person by living your life. Keep your grief to only yourself, friends and family that have your best interests at heart.

DONT DO IT!! i made that mistake i wish i walked away and didnt fight it. Make his ego wonder why your not chasing him... if he ends up texting you, dont respond right away. i regert not doing no contact right away than waitin a month and half before i started it

• Author
brokenrightnow

part of me feels HE WANTS TO TEXT ME but is afraid to because of the reaction he may get from me. I just don't see how we went from being so happy to just snapping and not wanting me anymore.

I don't get it!!

• Author
brokenrightnow

my head hurts. my eyes hurt. I feel so pathetic for feeling this pain. I just want to talk to him, see what he is feeling and thinking....

Hey, I feel for you. I really am sorry that you're going through this heartbreak. I'm going through the same thing. Honestly, don't text him. In fact, the only real way for people to get back together is to go for a period of no contact and when they do see that person again, to feel a slight difference like 'oh...wow...they seem more edgy/attractive/fun/joyful' etc. But that person doesn't deserve to be with you, especially when out of the blue they break it off and don't even try to work it out.

Anytime you want to text, just post a new message and someone from here will try to make you feel better:).

• Author
brokenrightnow

I keep looking at his facebook page. expecting to see something. he has not changed his status yet to single...is that a good sign? or does that not matter?

part of me feels HE WANTS TO TEXT ME but is afraid to because of the reaction he may get from me.

Believe me, he would text you or call you if he wants you back. Until he does that, you have to keep NC. Otherwise you'll get hurt more.

I got to say, if you Love him do it. Most these people are going to say don't do it. But what they don't realize, if you love something enough, your not gonna let it walk away. Text him... Better yet, call him. But be prepared for both, him saying I'm sorry, and also there could be the, "Leave me alone" So just be prepared.

-Sno

BEFORE you even think of calling him please picture what reaction you REALLY think he will give you. If you can stand having him telling you off then I guess you have nothing to lose. But if that is what your heart fears the most, please don't text him. I don't want you to feel more pain than you already do right now.

Brokenrightnow, I am sorry you are in this situation. It's always so painful. That said, I think you are ahead of the game by the way you handled the break-up. You walked away, keeping your dignity in tact. Don't undo the good work you have done by texting him or contacting him. Also, stay off his facebook page, it will only drive you mad. NC all the way. He did the breaking up, it's up to him to undo it (unless there was some kind of bad behaviour on your part, such as cheating and so on. Somehow, I don't think that this is the case). NC will help your healing process and it will also send the message that he cannot break up with you and still enjoy your attention.

• Author
brokenrightnow

so he texted me with " i can't stop thinking about you"

and I replied a day later. I have not heard from him!

what is going on? now i feel like the idiot...

I have to agree with people here and say not to text him. My e broke up with me, and I tried (too desparately) in the hours that followed to get into contact with her. It made me feel worse as all I got were a couple heart shredding text and then the denial of getting to talk about the break up (anything about it) in person. I should have known better myself than to try to contact her since she broke up with me over a ****ty text, but now I know better.

If you can, think of it this way, if that is how he is going to treat you (just walk away) is he really that great after all?

Broken and Confused... I am the same situation. Went from happy together to him leaving me out of the blue.

Don't contact...it's so hard but maybe it will be worth the wait.

Don't text him, it will feel hard now but it will definitely be better for you in the long run. I'm going through this also, we all are, just have to keep your chin up and think positively, it really does help. My ex broke up with me on Sunday also, and today has been really hard, but I know it will get better, take care.

• Author
brokenrightnow

why did he break up with you?

has he contact you?

mine sent me a text saying "he cant stop thinking of me" and I replied, have not heard back from him. dying..

It's the game. You are being tortured by his instability. Don't respond until he proves to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that he wants your relationship to be better, different and based on respect. Make sure you conduct NC for now. If you two are meant to be, he will not just think of you all the time but he will want to return to SEEING you all the time.

Broken, i am in a boat traveling right next to you. Im just out of a 6 year relationship and she left me for another dude. I SUCK AT NO CONTACT. I'll do fine for 2 or 3 days then i just explode, i call and i send 5 unreplied texts. Its sucks, but i did see someone mention that it takes strength and self discipline. A question i have about the "no contact rule" is if your situation is that of her/him leaving for another guy, would no contact lend itself to "out of sight, out of mind", thus reaffirming her decison to leave and sealing the deal with another fellow? Hang in there broken..me too, it sucks beyond comprehension.

My ex left me because I didn't show her ENOUGH love, so now I feel if I just go NC and don't text her - she will feel justified that I'm not trying enough! Argh! I only broke down once today to confirm that we were in fact broke up since she didn't make it perfectly clear. Once it became clear I haven't made any contact with her, nor do I really want to at this point. I did this before when she broke up with me (see my thread) and she started missing me and begging me to take her back after 2 weeks.

Edited by Lost&Found
I got to say, if you Love him do it. Most these people are going to say don't do it. But what they don't realize, if you love something enough, your not gonna let it walk away. Text him... Better yet, call him. But be prepared for both, him saying I'm sorry, and also there could be the, "Leave me alone" So just be prepared.

-Sno

I agree with Snowolf. I broke up with my girl a little over a week ago because she wasn't making me a priority in her life like I had made her in mine. She admitted she lost the spark so I didn't see the point of us being together anymore. I think a part of me hoped the breakup would shock her system into making me a priority because I wanted her to be a bigger part of my life. If she were to text or call me today saying she wanted us to work things out, I'd take her back in a heartbeat.

So I guess it depends on the reasons he says he broke up with you. If it's something you weren't giving him, are you willing to work towards a change to give him what he needs?

I keep looking at his facebook page. expecting to see something. he has not changed his status yet to single...is that a good sign? or does that not matter?

Hey...IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY! Things like this hurt for a long time, you just have to take it day by day. And do your best to not look at facebook anymore. I did that too, and it will just make you feel worse. i dont think the status on fb matters unless he changes his stuff on there a lot...but again, expect his status to change to single.

Talk to your friends or family about it, get everything out and focus on yourself.

I know nothing anyone says on here is going to make you feel better, you have to make yourself feel better...what do you like to do? if you like to walk, run, go bowling, shopping, whatever it is...go do something to take ur mind off things for a while.

My GF broke up with me last month after 9 years...trust me, it hurts and I did the same thing that your doing right now. I actually saw her a month later when she dropped off her last cell phone bill...now i'm depressed again just because i saw her...you just have to go NC for a while. BUT TRUST ME...EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE, just give it some time.

my ex initiated the nc and I had no idea. I texted him about every 5 days asking for forgiveness. Left vm's no response. I did see him Friday and we spoke. He said I don't trust him. Then later that night I sent the text that said I was done. The next morning called and told him I did trust him> he responds and says I'm harassing him. Needless to say, we are both in NC mode and it's killing me. I think he hates me. It's killing me He will run back to his ex, she will treat him like **** and he will be back. The question is will I want him back then. Anyway, stick to NC youll be better off