How different astrological signs handle breakups

This is just for fun. See if it rings true for you.

Aries

Boredom usually kills most Aries affairs stone dead. Aries loves the adrenaline rush or new love and gets bored once love has been won. For Aries most of the excitement comes from overcoming the obstacles to love, so if you want to keep your Aries lover on his or her toes always maintain a little hidden part of you for Aries to uncover. You should also enthuse wildly about all of Aries' new ventures, introduce the voice of reason at a later date. Too early and you'll find yourself frozen out and accused of being unsupportive. Aries will try and try to keep a relationship vibrant and new but if this fails the ram will charge off through the door to pastures new. If you hurt Aries deeply you can expect to be frozen and completely - your red-hot lover will turn glacial instantly.

Taurus

It takes a long time for Taurus to give up on a relationship and cut their losses. However once Taurus has decided to leave a relationship there is no turning back. While Taureans find it hard to admit that they have been wrong about a person, they are not the best judges of character. As Taurus tends to be an honest and straightforward individual he or she will tend to assume that all is well, even if a partner is deceitful. When the bull does discover that a lover has been less than honest they may still cling on to hope.

Gemini

Gemini ends the affair when he or she gets bored or when a partner makes to many emotional demands. While the affair may appear to end suddenly, Gemini has no doubt been secretly unhappy for a long time. Once a decision to end the affair has been made it will be irrevocable and Gemini will merely freeze the lover out or vanish.

Coach's Tips and Exercises for Combating Boredom in Your Relationship

Make a list of five things that you find boring in your current relationship. Make it a priority to work them out in order. The next time that you are bored having sex with a partner share a fantasy with them. Ask them to co-star. Call attention to the boring spots in your relationship with your lover. See if (s)he's bored at the same places and times. Work out how you as a couple can address this. If a partner ends the relationship, Gemini will be deeply insecure and at a loss. Gemini will mask these feelings from the outside world with a display of dazzling confidence, while continuing to search for that elusive soul mate.

Cancer

The confusion between emotional neediness and love can lead to problems in Cancerian relationships, so that the Cancerian needs to look at meeting their emotional needs from their inner resources before taking up with a partner. There are some exercises in the Cosmic Coaching book to help with this. Cancerians often feel that they are not loved enough, and so become clingy and demanding if a partner appears disinterested. Unfortunately, the Cancerian will often cling more and more tightly as the relationship deteriorates, making separation very difficult. If the partner has been unfaithful, the Cancerian will react with jealousy and, occasionally, aggression because the hurt has been so great. A Cancerian who feels unloved may stray in search of loving attention. The Crab is unlikely to divorce, however, no matter how unpleasant the marriage becomes as a consequence.

Leo

When Leo wants to end a relationship, the partner is often still needed as a friend rather than a lover. This state of affairs can lead to divorce if the partner is, understandably, unhappy with this situation. This habit of keeping an ex as a friend can also interfere with Leos' ability to form new relationships. Leo is not the best sign at letting a partner know when it's over, partly due to being a fixed sign and partly due to pride. Consequently some Leos withdraw from their partner or treat them shamefully, in the hope that the partner will drift off and Leo can rewrite history pretending the whole affair never happened. To combat this tendency Leo lovers' who are about to dump (their partner!) might like to try the following exercise.

Exercise - Saying Goodbye

Leo is not always terribly good at setting an ex-lover free. Here is an exercise to help with this. Take all your old love letters from this person and burn them. Visualise yourself saying goodbye to them and loosening the bonds that keep you together. Bid them farewell and wish them peace and a brighter future without you. Make your imaginings as vivid as possible and burn incense, play music or use any other props that will heighten the impact of this ritual. What you are doing Leo is telling your subconscious that you are letting go of this person, your conscious mind should follow suit and the unwanted lover will 'pick up' that they free to go. If the lion is deserted by a partner, they will take months to recover from the blow and may never risk giving their heart completely again.

Virgo

Virgos are very loyal and will try to avoid ending a long-term affair or marriage wherever possible - they also hate giving up and admitting defeat. Some Virgoans may keep trying repeatedly to make an unsuitable affair work rather than being pragmatic and cutting their losses. In spite of Virgo being a cardinal sign Virgos can have a tendency to remain stuck in a rut unless circumstances force them to change. However, when Virgoans change forced upon them, they adapt very well. However, it is usually rare for a Virgo to linger in a failing marriage. If sensible discussion does not resolve the issues or if Virgo's sense of fair play is affronted a clean and final break will made. This Sign does not usually go for reconciliation and is virtually impossible to manipulate into starting again. If there are children involved, however, dutiful Virgo will usually see to it that they properly educated and that their material needs are met.

Libra

When Libra is rejected she or he initially feels extremely demoralised, however, Libra will quickly take the action needed to bounce back from disappointment. Libra will do their utmost to make their loved one fall for them again. Should this fail Libra ends rejection by searching out another true love. If Libra chooses to the end a relationship the break will be as orderly and dignified as possible. Libra is most likely to reject a partner who is too demanding on the emotional front.

Scorpio

If the Scorpion has an affair, it is usually for one of two reasons: to advance their career or to help with the attainment of a specific goal e.g. power over someone or because the sexual life within the marriage has gone wrong. Scorpios can attract a new partner with little effort, and also, hold back emotionally so ending the affair is comes easily to them. If Scorpio is rejected he or she will become very vengeful, either acting immediately or biding their time - this sign never forgets and rarely forgives.

Sagittarius

If a partner is demanding or possessive the Centaur will rapidly ride off into the sunset. Sagittarians are exceedingly sociable and crave stimulation, so are prone to having the odd casual affair if the relationship becomes stale.

Coach's Tip

Have a look in the Gemini section on relationships in my book, 'Cosmic Coaching - Unleash Your Star Sign's True Potential', to combat boredom in a relationship. You may want to read the Gemini section in it's entirety as this is a sign, which, like you, suffers from a tendency to get exceedingly bored and wary of deep emotional commitments. You are two of the zodiac's free spirits.

Capricorn

The typical Capricorn does not go for one-night stands or casual affairs and tends to do their best to make a relationship work. When a relationship begins to fail Capricorn will, initially, do their best to make it work and will take rather more time than most zodiac signs before calling things to a halt. This is a sign that is devoted to duty, partner and children and has a strong dislike of divorce. However, once Capricorn decides to part the ending of the relationship will be abrupt and final. If a partner 'cheats' on a Capricorn, he or she will try to organise things so that the partner can be reunited with the family. Those partners who continue to cheat do so at their peril, however, for Capricorn can turn rather nasty!

Aquarius

Aquarians tend to devote themselves to one partner at a time and will only stray when curiosity leads them elsewhere. The water bearer likes to dominate any relationship, as a way of keeping those scary emotions in check and will not tolerate possessiveness. As Aquarians hate both confrontation and divorce they will tend to subtly manipulate an unwanted partner into being the one to end the relationship.

Pisces

A Piscean can drift into a second relationship without even noticing or may get different needs satisfied by different partners - this is a sign that can compartmentalise romance(s) easily. Many Pisces continually drift from affair to affair hoping to dispel the self-doubt that can only be dispelled (and then only for a short time) by repeated assurances that the Fish are indeed lovable. Pisceans can drift out of a relationship for no apparent reason, still loving the partner (as a friend) but no longer being in love with them. Even the Fish may not know the reason for the break up; they've merely drifted away for whatever reason. The worst possible rejection for a Piscean is to be abandoned by a lover who no longer cares for them - ending a relationship with a Piscean requires steely resolve. Pisces will continue to cling; unable to accept that the relationship is over and convinced that if they reform in some way everything will be fine. An ex-partner of a Piscean may have to take extreme measures to extricate themselves from the emotional mess that a hurt Pisces can create.

thanks for posting this................

however there is a small piece of misinformation in it..............

According to every book I`ve ever read about astrology (too many to count), Virgo is a Mutable sign, not a Cardinal sign.

FYI :)

ReturnToSender

hah..Im an Aquarius... I am devoted..definitely not into straying! I dont tolerate possessiveness (I abhor jealousy!!!) but not in control. I much prefer and attracted to guys who are take charge types (my bf is aries, ex was taurus...both strong willed and like to haev things their way!) Im a very typical Aquarian...too busy floating around and being distracted by pretty shiny things to stop and micro manage anything..lmfao!

Im too straightforward to be manipulative...I say what I mean and I do what I say. No room for games...have always been that way.

• Author
Virgo is a Mutable sign, not a Cardinal sign.

FYI :)

I'm a Virgo. I'm not familiar with this concept. Can you explain the difference please?

Thanks

Cosmic love huh? interesting...

I'm a Capricorn, but the Taurus trait is definitely me.

But i can see the Leo in me, during my 1st relationship when i was a stupid teen.

Gemini here. not sure what to think about astrology. sometimes it seems right on, sometimes its not. but it is interesting to read!!!!

I'm a Virgo. I'm not familiar with this concept. Can you explain the difference please?

Thanks

Okay class::p:lmao:

the 12 signs are broken up into 3 subgroups:

Cardinal signs: known for leadership, taking charge, exhibiting initiative

they are Capricorn, Cancer Libra and Aries

Fixed signs: resistant to change, very stable,they are organizers

they are Leo, Aquarius Taurus, Scorpio

Mutable signs: changeable, highly communicative

they are Virgo, Pisces Gemini, Sagittarius

there it is in a nutshell, leaders, organizers, and communicaters.........

an author named Linda Goodman has written some very entertaining books about how the different signs interact with each other romantically.

One is called "Love Signs" and the other is called "Moon Signs". She puts all the possible combinations together..................................

..........and she said T-Bone, what`s your sign?

I blinked and I said,"Neon"-I thought I'd blow her mind...............

from the song, "Extisential Blues" by T-Bone Burnette :p

Sorry...drunk right now, but Scorpios can suck it. They have done nothing but screw this kind capricorn over again and again. So why does every astrology book say the only match for me is a scorpio? Seems like I'm damned.

Well, I'm a Scorpio... And I seem to always get screwed. With vengeance.

OMG...to think, I had respect for you...lol j/k

but scorpios are crazy as h*ll!!

No fellow libras??

It says:Libra

When Libra is rejected she or he initially feels extremely demoralised, however, Libra will quickly take the action needed to bounce back from disappointment. Libra will do their utmost to make their loved one fall for them again. Should this fail Libra ends rejection by searching out another true love. If Libra chooses to the end a relationship the break will be as orderly and dignified as possible. Libra is most likely to reject a partner who is too demanding on the emotional front.

Mostly, this is true. I need to remember who I am and start bouncing back like now! (And I will not try to make him fall for me again, since I got dumped. That is not in the agenda.)

My ex is a Libra and it describes him pretty well. Unfortunately he's a really stupid, selfish Libra. :laugh:

Lol, well forget him then. It's NYFP (see NMFP thread).