7 yrs, I didn't see it coming!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm a newbie & this is my experience. I started dating a guy who was 22 when I was 30. Everything was fine. Until he had a car accident which led to a boy dying. He became depressed & would refused to go out & focused on his work.

This lasted for 4. During this time our relationship was not exactly ideal but despite this I stuck it out. Around 2 yrs ago we moved in together, things were still the same. Finally when the outcome of the court case came out he totally changed. He would go out with his friends, not me, not come home claiming he was to drunk to drive home etc. After more than a month of this I kicked him out. Needless to say he never came back, his excuse was that he needed to "sow his wild oats". I feel like such a fool, I never saw it coming!!! Now I'm 37 & single!!!

ReturnToSender

Im sorry to hear this... Unfortunately, age is not an indicator of maturity. My ex bf was in his 50's when he announced he needed to sow his wild oats... And my "bf" who is in his 30's told me when we first started dating that hes looking at 40, and ready to think about settling down. I dont believe he is though.

It does sound like he went through something traumatic though..and the idea that he would lose his freedom over it..and now realizing that he has all the freedom in the world, he wants to get out there and take total advantage of it.

Im sorry I havnt too much advice for you...Im 32 and not liking the idea of being single, but not hating it either. I can be without a guy no problem..its being without my guy that tears me apart. If it doesnt work..Im probably not going to get serious with anyone again till kiddo graduates high school. Ive always said..Im going to be the hot 38yo mom at her graduation... the closer I get to it, the more I feel like Im not being entirely unrealistic.

Now...if I hit mid 40's and it seems Ill get 10% off on tuesdays at clothing stores before I have a man in my life...thats when Ill start to get really worried about being alone!