He called...

I posted earlier about kissing my ex last night and how it made me feel.

Well this morning he got in touch with me. We talked briefly and talked about the kisses. I told him that I think I kissed him because I needed to see if his kisses still made me weak in the knees.

He replied with "Knees weak here..definitely weak"

I changed the subject. We talked a little bit more and then I said" I am truly sorry if I put you in a uncomfortable situation last night. I hope you believe me when I say that" He said " I do believe u. And I feel bad about it as well, I just couldn't help it. He then said "You looked so damn good and Hooottt."

We laughed about how my kisses still have a way of effecting certain parts and how he was embarrassed that it was so evident.

He finally said he had to go take the youth group on a trip and maybe the cold water would help him. That he would talk to me later.

Well he is back from his trip and he has IM'd me immediately.

Someone talk some sense into me because I am afraid I am going to fall right back into a situation that will only lead me to heartache again.

I was about to ask what the downside might be if you were to see him again, but I just read your previous post, so it's pretty easy to suggest that you not pursue any contact with him as long as he has a girlfriend.

The safest route is probably to avoid contact all together, but if he continues to contact you, you need to tell him straight out that you can't even be friends with him until/unless he's single.

And if you need a reminder as to why he's not a good bet in the future, just remember that if he'll do it with you, he'll do it to you, and keep on walking!

Please don't go further with this, sweetie.

Of course you can affect his chemistry by kissing him. That doesn't mean you can change his heart - AT ALL. Sorry to be graphic, hon but his heart will go right back where it was before as soon as he's, um, spat his fat..

DO NOT KISS HIM AGAIN!

Please. x

Unfortunately, physical chemistry doesn't really mean much emotionally.

Your ex can still be physically attracted to you and egt turned on by you (hence sex with the ex scenarios) but not want to commit to anything else (the hard part).

So you can't get carried away by physical displays....

• Author

Thank you everyone for your replies. My ex and I IM'd each other all day today at work. We discussed the kisses, etc. He kept telling me how every guy in the place was hovering over me all night and how even his best friend kept telling me how hot I was.

Well now I'm home and getting around to reading your replies. I promise to do better tomorrow. I will not make any contact with him tomorrow. Its hard not to communicate with him.

I guess it was just a nice distraction from thinking about Matt:( Like I said in a earlier post I am a messed up individual.

Anyways thanks for reminding me that it is a dead end street with the ex:(

Well at least the ex has been reminded that I am a hottie:) Just kidding, just trying to make myself feel better now.

I will try really hard to cut off all contact with him. Man this is going to be hard since I am already trying to cut off contact with most recent ex.

UGH!!! It sux to live in such a small town where there is nothing to do!!!

So if you were dating this guy, would it bug you at all that he was having this sort of flirtatious conversation and sexual teasing with an ex? I can tell you that I'd be dumping any guy who was treating me that way.

You need to STOP this before it goes any further, for your sake. I know it's hard, but it isn't going to get any easier, trust me. And if you're still hurting over your most recent ex, you are waaaay too fragile to be playing with this fire.

• Author

I was all determined to start no contact today but he came by my office. I had my head down when he showed up so he was there before I knew it.

There was nothing I could do but be socialable. I don't know how to do no contact when they show up at work.

I keep reminding myself that I don't want someone who can flirt etc. when they have a girlfriend. My friend doesn't think he has a girlfriend, just told me that when he found out I was serious with Matt (which has ended).

We have not really discussed the new gf, even though I did discuss earlier on about Matt.

I am just so confused. I know we need to stop communicating but I failed at it again today.

He found out that I was going to be off a few days from work and wants to get together for lunch. He said "We have been saying we are going to get together for lunch but we haven't." This is true, before the kiss, when we had decided that we could actually be friends we discussed getting together for lunch.

I am seeing him in a whole new light and I need to keep remembering this new side. THe person I thought I knew could never kiss or flirt with someone when they had a girlfriend.

UGGHH I am just so confused. I need to just stay away from him.