Ex now says he's single

georgia girl

Okay, so here's a new stage in our breakup and for the life of me, I'm not sure why I'm surprised. As I posted before, one of the reasons ex and I really broke up was because we were on a break when he activated his Facebook page and he put his status as "single." I flipped a lid and he changed it to no status. This weekend, I was on FB because some old friends contacted me. At that time, I updated my status to single. Just noticed that ex updated his status to single yesterday. Funny, huh?

hoping2heal
Okay, so here's a new stage in our breakup and for the life of me, I'm not sure why I'm surprised. As I posted before, one of the reasons ex and I really broke up was because we were on a break when he activated his Facebook page and he put his status as "single." I flipped a lid and he changed it to no status. This weekend, I was on FB because some old friends contacted me. At that time, I updated my status to single. Just noticed that ex updated his status to single yesterday. Funny, huh?

Do you two plan to reconcile at some point? Just wondering because if not I don't think this game you two are playing (more so him, but you're enabling it in a way) with eachother is very productive to healing. Why do you two still have such an active look into one another's lives? Again, maybe a reconcile is planned?

• Author
georgia girl

I guess it is a bit of game playing. I'm not planning on reconciling or I wouldn't have put my status as single. I got in touch with old college friends and they all had their status posted, so I thought I should post mine. It actually eliminates a lot of awkward questions. Still, I was surprised that he did his, too, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I expected him to not want to take that step? How stupid is that, I wonder?

Yes, hoping, he's in my life too much for two people who are broken up. We live in backwoods Georgia and we met because we were into the same activities. Now, all of that is hard to maneuver around - the volunteer activities, sports, even professional connections. However, I've learned that you can avoid the other person it if you want to:D!

As for reconcile? It would take a lot for me to do so but I don't think he gets that. He just thought we would go on a break for awhile and revisit the issue at some later date. He has huge issues with making decisions. I think that's why he kept texting me, etc., was to preserve the right to revisit the issue. Now that we've both updated our status (and by the way, I'm not a frequent FB user at all so its really no big deal), perhaps he got the message?

hoping2heal

It's likely the only message he got was "let the games begin". I think you two need to stay out of eachother's lives completely. There's not much you can do of course if he chooses to browse your facebook, etc. But you shouldn't be doing it to his. You need to move on and playing a game won't make that happen any quicker.

• Author
georgia girl

You are right, of course. I should never have looked. Normally, I don't even use FB. I find it somewhat intrusive. If it hadn't been for these college friends, I would never have posted anything or updated my own status. It was silly. I'm not bothered by it - I guess it just surprised me. Oh well, life goes on. I am getting happier by the day and it's time to close that chapter.