Posting to resist temptation.

broken_promises

I am posting here to resist the temptation to look at my ex-b/f's new crush/interest's Facebook page. (I am not FB friends with her or my ex... but her profile is NOT private and anyone can see it. This is how I found out about their flirting back and forth in the first place!)

So, I have no idea why I feel the need to routinely torture myself. I have looked at it twice since we broke up 2-1/2 weeks ago. I know it is SO MUCH BETTER to not look. Every time I look, I just feel worse and more rejected/replaced by someone who is just like me, only better/thinner/interesting to my ex.

I figure I'll try using this forum as a "sponsor" tonight of sorts so that I don't resort to self-inflicted Facebook torture. Thanks for listening!

Just practice letting go. Take a deep breath and feel it all melt away. Find a way to occupy your time, go watch a movie.

People think it's crazy to look at things that cause pain to yourself, but in some ways, that's exactly the purpose. You ARE hurting yourself, trying to get it through your head that it really is over. But you've already looked a few times, eventually you need to stop.

My ex is on the internet too. I told myself, "I need to take baby steps. NC is hard enough, so I can look and it will be okay." But it is not okay. It is never okay. My ex never even went to my blogs when he was my bf. I wanted him to see them because I wanted to share that part of myself with him. He did not care. He definitely isn't researching me on the web now...so I am not going to look at his stuff on the web. Many times lately when I've been thinking of him, I've been shouting out "f**k you!" Sometimes I just say "f you." Some times I sing:

"Your life is none of my business.

My life is none of your business.

Your life is none of my business.

F**K You. F**k You."

I sing this to a snappy beat.

My ex is on the internet too. I told myself, "I need to take baby steps. NC is hard enough, so I can look and it will be okay." But it is not okay. It is never okay. My ex never even went to my blogs when he was my bf. I wanted him to see them because I wanted to share that part of myself with him. He did not care. He definitely isn't researching me on the web now...so I am not going to look at his stuff on the web. Many times lately when I've been thinking of him, I've been shouting out "f**k you!" Sometimes I just say "f you." Some times I sing:

"Your life is none of my business.

My life is none of your business.

Your life is none of my business.

F**K You. F**k You."

I sing this to a snappy beat.

LOL :laugh:

Funny...but do what works.

thanks for this thread...

my guy is online right *now* and I want to chat him...

but for no other reason than to make contact!

I can remind him I'm here so he misses me!

He posted a cute and funny thing as his fb status and I want to respond!

How will he miss me if I keep getting all up in his grill? :laugh: I know, i know.

He was the last one to make contact (albeit just yesterday) so I guess I need to get off the computer and do something so I stop thinking about this!!

Thanks.

Off I go.