Any input is appreciated

First time poster.

About a week ago my girlfriend broke up with me and since then I have not tried to contact her at all. In fact, she has been the one trying to contact me. I have pretty much tried to ignore her attempts to contact me as best as I can because I am truly heartbroken - i loved her very much. I just want to know what you all think I should do. She called yesterday but I didn't answer, she didn't leave a message. I obviously still love her so it is very difficult for me but I cant understand why after dumping me she has tried contacting me three times (in 7 days). What should I do, I am not a dick so I don't want to get back at her or anything silly like that. I am assuming she just wants to make herself feel better or something like that, but I always tend to think the best of people.

Thanks

Could be a couple of reasons:

-she is calling to see how you are doing. Even though she did the breaking up, I'm sure she feels bad for hurting you

-I think this is lesser of a chance then the first choice, but maybe she had feelings for someone else and broke up with you to try and get with him, but he rejected her, so now she is trying to reconcile with you.

Whatever it may be, keep doing what you are doing and do not talk to her. That'll just make things harder for you IMO, but maybe talking to her will give you some closure on the whole thing.

How long were you two together?

whatever it is, 1) or 2). Do what makes you happy for the long term right now. She could be contacting you for a number of reasons. Maybe even because she wants to get rid of the guilty feelings she has, maybe because she wants to stay friends, maybe because she wants to keep you as Mr. No. 2. Whatever :)

Fact is, you need to look after Number One now. She broke up with you and took time to think it over before doing it. You're heartbroken. Time to get unheartbroken first before you contact her or let her in to your life.

She is probably only calling you to relieve her guilt. if she talked to you and you didnt mention the relationship, it eases her guilt, so you are doing the right thing. Good boy.

If she wanted to get back together, she would probably leave a message. Keep us updated on whats happeneing, I think since you ignored her from day 1, she might be trying really hard to get your attention. Dont talk to her unless she leaves a message saying she wants to try again. Then the ball is in your court. You get to decide. Why did she break it off?

• Author

Funny, she just called (30 minutes ago) and left a message, she said she wanted to talk, so I called her back to ask what she wanted to talk about. In a nut shell she basically seems like she doesnt think she made the right decision and wants to talk to me. I basically said we have 2 options: 1) work it out 2) not work it out. She couldnt tell me that she wanted to work it out and couldn't tell me that she didnt want to - she is obviously still confused and is doubting her decision. She wants to meet up to talk with me, but said she understands completely if I dont want to. I feel like the decision is essentially hers - if she wants to work it out then lets work it out. My decision is that I am not going to wait around for her and if she wants to work it out it will have to come from her - I didnt want this in the first place. I felt her phone call was sincere (we are not really immature) if that adds any value.

Good on you!! You sound like you have healthy self respect and you are doing the right thing for you, keep staying strong and believing in yourself :)