sucks to be me!

bluejeanbebe

I usually listen to a radio morning show on the way to work and sometimes they do a funny bit called "It sucks to be Me", where all the hosts sing a little jingle as to why it sucks to be them and then later people call in and state why it sucks to be them also. It's kinda meant to be funny. Some of you might be familiar.

Well, it sucks to be me BECAUSE my BF of more than 2.5 years broke up with me the day after the 4th of July, which is also the weekend before OUR birthday, yes OUR birthday. OUR birthday is this coming sunday.

I guess I knew this was inevitable and was coming, I suppose I was just hoping that we could make it though the holiday weekend and our birthday before it all went down in flames. We've broken up and gotten back together a few times already- so this is familiar territory, but I'm pretty sure that this time is for real. Since our last argument I was deliberating about calling it quits, and was thinking about bringing it up to him in a civilized manner and maybe, hopefully we could come to this consensus together (not likely- considering things usually get heated quickly and arguments last hours, days, etc). But that's not the way it happened.

After spending a good bit of time apart since our last argument, we decided to spend the holiday weekend together. Well, while out shopping, bickering and disagreements started up yet again, starting with his negative attitude about everything (my biggest pet peeve about him- he wants to b**** and complain and have the most negative attitude about most things- drives me insane), coupled with his short temper and over-exxageration of most things, the day quickly spiraled downhill. We continued on to dinner and a movie without saying much to each other. We got home and I went to bed- he stayed up watching tv and I thought he would join me later like he usually does, but come to find the next morning, he didn't. When I got up he was gone- and he had taken everything that was his out of my house and left his house key, garage door opener and a note, saying he didn't see a reason to be there anymore and that he thought we had found the end of the relationship. Didn't even say goodbye.

Like I said, I knew this was probably inevitable, I just don't like the timing nor how it went down. He later sent an email that day, explaining some more. I could send him a text or email back, telling him basically how I feel about the situation, what I'm feeling now and why I think our relationship fell apart; but I really don't think he cares. Through most of our relationship he seemed to always disregard how I felt about anything and just wanted me to consider how he felt. I always felt like he disrespected my feelings. 99% of our fights usually started by me being mad or annoyed that something he did or said, and instead of just acknowledging what I was saying, apologize and move on with our lives, he would completely ignore it and would lay into me about how he was ~now~ mad or disappointed about how something I had done and I should apologize for it. This was every single argument. But we have so many issues- and this is just one- probably a main one- that we fight so much. I don't think couples should fight as much as we do and for as long as we go (for hours and hours and hours). Neither of us will give in no matter whom is right. It feels good just to say all this. There should be more to a relationship than just common interest right? (we have alot of common interests) There should be compatibility right? I think that maybe it just isn't there. Especially when I think he values his pride above me every single time. I'm not saying I want to be with someone with the spine of a jellyfish (BTDT), but I also don't want to be with someone that will fight me on every last little thing.

So, needless to say, it's probably for the best, but I'm suddenly single and alone, on my birthday, hooray! Sucks to be me!

funwithpaint

Personally I can only take so much negativity until i snap and tell the person they are being a whiny b---- and that never goes over well. If you want to get over someone in your own head i'd say focus on the negatives and the reasons why you would leave them.

I cant stand negativity...that all stems from self confidence. Kick his ass to the curb son.