Replacing my bf with a stranger...in my head

One day on an Amtrak train, I saw a man. I had never seen him before, nor did I ever again. There was something about him....I was taken with him. I watched him from afar. I passed by him once. I can't explain it, but I felt a connection with him. That was 5 years ago. Now, sometimes when I think about my ex, I replace him with this man. I am the girlfriend of this man whom I will most likely never meet again. I think of kissing him and being with him. It may sound funny, but it's better than me torturing myself by thinking of being with my ex.

sandy12345678993

It's interesting, but I've wondered the same thing. Even just the thought, the idea, the illusion of someone else in my head.....I think it would make things easier to imagine a relationship with a new person with endless possibilities and optimism. Nothing even has to happen with them. A simple crush with someone you know or someone you don't know could be very beneficial to the healing process. Anything to get the thought of them out of your head and to start thinking about the potential in another person.

motive2002

Each week I visit my therapist. She is on the 5th floor. One day after my visit, I punched the button to go back to the bottom floor, but instead of going down, the elevator car went up!

It stopped on the 9th floor and she walked in. She was wearing a green dress, had long brown curly hair and a pretty smile. She commented on the fact that she had no shoes on. That was the last of the small talk and then after we reached the bottom floor I never saw her again.

I punched the 9th floor a couple times after that to see if I could bump into her again, but I noticed that the offices there had relocated.

My mystery girl from the 9th floor remains a mystery.