Feel like i've lost a friend.. (If you feel like reading something long)

Ok, so here's the story. I went to school with this girl, we weren't that good friends but since I left school I became closer to her and we became pretty good friends. Anyway it turned out I started to like her a lot, and I found out she may have liked me so I asked her out. The thing is when I asked her out she was going to go overseas for 8 months or something in about 4 months time. I know I probably shouldn't have asked her out with little time for a relationship, but I wasn't thinking about it at the time and we both liked each other so why not.

After about 2 weeks of dating and hanging out we had a chat about her going away. She told me she didnt think it would work when she goes away, but we both agreed to continue the relationship and see what happens. She told me she still liked me.

About a little less than 2 weeks after this chat she broke up with me and told me that the relationship was putting to much pressure on her and she just wanted to be good friends. This sounded like an excuse to me..

Anyways turns out a few days after she broke up with me she told my mate that she had lost all feelings for me and wasn't that into me at the start (i don't think that's true because i've asked a few of my other friends and they've all told me that she did like me) and he also said that she said some other mean things about me.

Since she broke up with me and said she wanted to be 'friends', she hasnt hasn't been talking to me, she doesn't talk to me on msn anymore and I have to start the conversation with her. Whenever I'm around her in person shes all sketchy and keeps her distance. She also never looks me in the eyes anymore unless I talk to her. Its like she doesn't want to be around me anymore but I don't know why because I was good friends with her before the relationship and now she acts like nothing ever happened between us. I mean she will still speak to me but its like I'm a stranger.

At the same time I don't know if i could be acting strange myself and not knowing it and making her feel awkward. She also still knows that i still like her and she could be acting weird cos of this.

Anyway i have come to the conclusion that she just is over me and just doesn't want to be around me anymore. I just don't understand why because we were good friends before. It was only a month and we did'nt get that invovled and now i feel as though i have lost her as a friend.

Ive been trying to make and effort to talk to her and be friendly and just but it doesn't seem to be working. I just want it to be back normal like before our relationship.

I've been trying now to just move on because its to hard trying to be friends and get over her at the same time. The only problem is she is in my circles of friends and friends with my other mates so i see her all the time.

I dont know if it should just try to talk to her and find out what shes feeling or just try and avoid her as much as i can.

I guess my questions are:

Could she just be acting strange because she knows i still like her?

Could she just need time to get used to being friends again?

Is it possible for someone to lose feelings for you so much that they dont even want anything to do with you anymore? (i dont understand this)

Could there still be some feelings there?

Do you think she will ever see me the same as when we were friends or am i now seen as an ex and a stranger forever?

Is it worth it to keep talking to her and maybe shell become friends again or how do i move on if i see her often?

Any help would be appreciated. I dont know why i feel so upset because she leaves in a month anyway but i guess i just dont understand how she could just not want to be around me anymore and i guess im just stuck between trying to keep her as a friend or if i should just move on. Its just hard when im around her alot.

EDIT: One more thing - Is it a good or a bad thing she didnt tell me the truth? like how she lost feelings for me etc. She just told me it was putting to much pressure on her. I understand how she didnt want to hurt me or anything but hmmm. I dont know if i should talk to her

TaraMaiden

Move on, don't be friends with her(she is not friendship material) and find new ways to be happy and occupy yourself.

This is not the end of the world. Life is waiting.

go and find some of it!

• 4 weeks later...
brown_cow_eyez

Someone close to me once said "Things have already went too far, either we have it all or we have nothing" I think thats what happened with you. You had the relationship now there isn't any going back to the way things where. Sorry, I know how bad it sucks to want to hold on to a friendship but it doesnt always happen.