Thanksgiving dump, no turkey involved!

I have been writing the past few weeks about my g/f whom I believe is bi-polar and manic depressive.

She decided to tell me on Thanksgiving that she was no longer happy with me and that she was moving out. What a wonderful holiday season this is going to be!!! She actuall hasn't been happy for 2 months.

Now I know for a fact that she loves me to death, is not cheating and is severly depressed: the aformentioned is evident.

She told me that she needs to find herself, sort it out, get some psych. help and seperate from me to do this.

I lost my dad 10 months ago and I feel the same way now as I did when my dad died: complete loss! But I knew this day was coming.

I love her to death and hate seeing her hurt from the depression.

I've never loved a woman as much as this one; that's why it's so hard to see her leaving.

She hugged me so hard last night and started balling so hard.

I know I must let her go, but I'm afraid that she will not get the help she needs and will fall even farther on her face. Not being brazen here, but I'm the only solid thing she has ever had in her life. She is going back to her non-caring and borderline socially inept family with a history of physical, sexual abuse and chemical imbalances.

Any words of wisdom or advice????

The biggest favor you could ever do yourself is to let this one go and give this lady time and space to sort things out.

You are in love and totally unable to see the vast problems you may confront being involved with somebody you suspect is bi-polar and manic depressive. It's a no win situation, even with medication.

Read up on codependency because that's what you're mired in right now. This lady is doing you a massive favor. You probably haven't seen her at her worst because she won't let you.

I'm not going to go through long explanations here but you are far better off finding somebody from a better bloodline and family background. This lady is a victim of the family origin you described and even if she didn't have the chemical imbalances herself she wouldn't make much of a partner until she got massive and lengthy doses of industrial strength psychotherapy.

Relationships are hard enough. Why would you want to move forward blindfolded with both hands tied behind your back? Respect this lady's wishes back back off bigtime...for YOUR sake.

When you discover you may be dating somebody with these kinds of problems, run. No, it's not being coldhearted. I've seen the kinds of relationships these types of people have and they are chaotic, dysfunctional, draining...and always end in divorce unless miracles are involved.

Oh, yeah, I bet you believe in miracles. Well, leave her alone and see if one happens.

• Author

Well she left today and I'm once again mad, confused that yet another person does not have their sh** together and I have to be the one broken hearted.

It's so frustrating!!! Imagine your loved one has a broken arm; is in pain, has insurance, but opt's not to go get help and the crap gets carried over into the relationship. Very down on women right now; NOT ALL OF THEM! Sorry, just venting!