But I love him

ItsJustMeHere

Why is it so hard for me to walk away from someone who lies to me and hurts me. He's crossed every line there is, yet, I still want to believe in him, and I still care deeply about him. I excuse it with "He just doesn't know how to love" or "He doesn't know how to show it" "He doesn't act right" But yet I know he loves me. Doesn't make any sense, I know.

Tonight I found out he lied to me again, and I called his cell phone and left a message telling him that it was over. That I didn't want to be with someone who couldn't trust me enough with the truth, and I couldn't trust to tell the truth.

He hasn't gotten the message yet, and I have to stop myself from calling and leaving another message telling him that I love him and I just don't understand, and we need to talk. Last night, I was having problems at work, and he was telling me how I didn't deserve to be treated that way, and how I was too good of a person. These kind of mixed signals confuse me and keep me holding on.

I'm in therapy, and they told me that if I don't stick up for myself, no one will. I have low self esteem obviously. But I can't stand the thought of letting him go, and have someone else have him when he turns around. I've done too much for him, and gone through too much to deserve the raw end of the deal. HELP!

letting go is tough!

u're used to the person, u'r used to having someone by your side, etc - of course its hard to let them go - been there!!

BUT the pain will go away, and you'll realize it wasnt love...

make a deal with yourself: stay away from this guy for 3 months. if after that time, you 100% wanna go back to him, do so!

just some thoughts,

-yes

It's very easy to walk away from somebody who treats you like crap if you care anything at all about yourself.

Letting somebody go from your life is the biggest expression of love you will ever show. It is the most important aspect of love you will ever know. It is called respect for the wishes of the other person and, more importantly, love for yourself.

If you do not have enough respect for yourself and the other person to remove yourself from the life of someone who is clearly trying to get you out of their life, you need therapy big time and you have clearly proven yourself unworthy.

And, until you have enough self esteem, self worth and love for your ownself to not tolerate the kind of treatment you are getting now, you will NEVER get real love from anybody.

Love is nothing more than respect with a few spoons of affection included. A lot of people get stuck in old feelings of affection that they once had for another and thought they were getting in return. If you get stuck in the past, you cannot deal properly with the present and you will get crushed, smashed and pulverized.

Take a cold shower, bring yourself back to the reality of the present, start having some self-love and self-respect for yourself.

I might also tell you that if there is any chance whatsoever that this man may grow up at some point and realize that he wants a relationship with you, it WILL NOT HAPPEN if you act like a wimpette and do not conduct yourself kindly and gracefully.

You would absolutely be shocked at the number of great love relationships that do not happen because one of the parties has not conducted themselves in accordance with the laws of respect, self love, self respect and rightly due submission to the wishes of the other party.

It's time to get straight with love or it will stomp you into the ground. And letting go is not tough at all when you realize that you don't need to be with somebody who doesn't want you but it's really nice to be with somebody who does....and you can find that person.

when she does get it together and mr. creep wants her bad now, HE is not going to get her. some kind gentleman will get her. someone who wouldn't treat her like garbage when she was down. the tables will be turned and he will walk away with egg on his face.

the way i see it: people should be respectful of others...period...end of story. just because they don't love themselves 100% does not give another person a right to treat them like crap. i have not done that to anyone, but it sure has been done to me.

and guess what? any time a guy has wanted me back (and they always do) i don't go back. why? because if they treated me like crap when i was vulnerable, then they don't deserve to have me at all. and it is my pleasure to say "no".