dumper dumped the dumpee for someone else,later on...dumper returns!

hi Guys, anyone here who dumped their love ones from a long term relationship for another girl/boy and yet they crawl back to the dumpee only to realize, they still love the old one...any inspiring stories for dumpees like me :) thanks

Yes, me! I dumped him, then came crying back 5 months later. He had started seeing a new girl by then though. Not angry at him for it of course but he still says he doesn't rule us out but that he is hurt. Can't blame him.......

• Author

what makes you realize that you still love him, are you with another relationship for 5 mos? tell us your story if possible :) thanks dear

I didn't leave him for someone else, i left for freedom because he had been my only relationship and i wasn't sure whether or not i was ready for marriage. It was by no means easy for me to leave but i had to in order to be happy, we were fighting all the time. I didn't want to resent him later in life and feel like i missed out on something.

I did date other guys (which was one of the things i wanted to do). I started to realize that the grass wasn't greener and as i was starting to want to come back (wasn't 100% ready), he started seeing another girl. Sometimes it takes stuff like that to realize how much you really love them. I was absolutely devastated and cried for months, lost so much weight and became ill.

Either way, i don't think we could ever be together again because i don't know if i could trust him. He has kissed me while being with her and has done other things behind her back. He shouldn't be in a relationship right now if he thinks there is the possibilitly of being with me again some day. It isn't fair to her. I finally told myself to walk away and he didn't respect that at first by contacting me a few times, i mean he is the one that said he wanted to move on. But this time i made sure and made it clear to him to ONLY contact me if it's to talk about "us". He said he isn't making any decisions for a long time so until then, i told him to leave me alone and let me heal. It's been 6 weeks so far......

• Like 1

I have an ex-gf that did that crap. We had dated for about a year and a half when we started discussing marriage. She was afraid of making a mistake and decided that she wanted to break up. We broke up, I was in a lot of pain and she was probably as well. A couple of months later she realized that I had started going out with a couple different women from church and she came running back wanting to get back together.

I stopped going out with the other women and we started spending time together again. After three months of dating again she started the crap about being afraid of making a mistake again. She dumped me . . . again. A few months later she realized that I had starting going out again with some of the women at church. She came running back, again . . . as much as I wanted us to be together - this time . . . I wished her good luck in life.

. . . that was eight years ago; I still miss her because the friendship brought alot of joy to me - other than the breakups lol. Fortunately, I have met and married someone that's a great wife and friend.