Hi ppl,

my gf left me quite recently for her ex...which hurt me a lot because i've placed all my commitment in this relationship. Its very hard for me to let go, coz i know i did nothing wrong, plus it was my first relationship. I still cannot accept the fact that she changed her mind about me in such a short time...(4-5 days)

She told me that i wasn't the right guy for her and she wasn't the kind for me, and told me that its better that we become friends. How can i do that? Be friends with a gal tha i really like and used to love..? and see her going to her ex's house now and then to stay overnight?

We used to be so happy together, loving & caring...and suddenly all of these disappeared overnight...She told me that she did not want a committed relationship, like she did with me.

I was really really hurt, and i did stupid things like pestering her on who she goes out with, calling her every now and then, which i cant really control myself, coz i really like her a lot and hope that she comes back to me.

She nows find me irritating and somehow hate me for being such a pester...she only judges me now on the bad things that i do, and not the good things that i did in the past, its not fair.

I know deep down inside that i have to give it up, but my heart wont let go! I really wish that i had to power to make myself forget her.... :(

Love Hurts...i don't know if i dare to place so much commitment in my next relationship...coz the more i commit, the more i will get hurt if the relationship screws up...

You sound young, so I believe you have plenty of time on your hands to find the love of your life. Peoples behavior questions us all the time. One in particular is why someone leaves us for another mate in such short time? Probably because the person had feelings already for the other person. Feelings we were unaware of that shock us in the end.

It is my guess that she had some mutual feelings for this other person, perhaps before she met you or while dating you.

Question: you say you committed to her. Was that what she wanted? Would you prefer a friend of yours regardless of the nature of the r/s to pester you with questions about the most intimate details of your life? She may have not wanted to move so fast. Maybe she didn't want to go to the next level with you. Maybe she secretly was waiting for this other person to become available for some time.