What could have happened in 1 day?

Very briefly, my girlfriend and I have been together for 5 months. However, I was treated disrespectfully by her 6 weeks ago and did not call her for an entire month at which time I received a very loving letter and called her. We got back together for 8 days of bliss with her professing her true love for me, we are meant to be togehter, etc. I also professed my love for her at that time. I gave her a belated birthday present that did not thrill her (a gift certificate to a spa and a trip to Las Vegas) On the 9th day, she quit taking my calls and sent me a letter that said I would never hear from her again, and she will not tell me anything. She tells my friend that it is nothing I did, I am the best thing that ever happened to her and all of that. Is she scared, is she trying to pay me back for not calling, or just an emotionally unbalanced woman? And is it time for me to move on?

YOU ASK: "And is it time for me to move on?"

Uh, DUH??? I kind of think so. This lady is first class crazy. Don't walk...RUN, and don't look back.

See if you can cancel those tickets to Vegas and get your money back.

She started seeing you again for the sole purpose of getting you back for not calling. People can write really loving letters when they have something like that up their sleeves. She wanted to screw up your mind and get some nice things along the way.

Move on quickly and forget this ever happened. Next time somebody treats you disrespectfully, please don't invite them back in your life for more!!!

To offer or give someone a second chance only gives the person another opportunity to hurt you again. I wouldn't accept any apology's from her if she begged and barked like a dog.

Take the Vegas trip, bring a friend w/you and have some fun. Take your mind of this girl. She clearly does not deserve being thought of.

If she gets in contact of you tell her that by her leaving was by far the best thing she could of done for you.

• Author

I guess I'm trying to overanalyze the whole predicament, but what can cause a person to do a complete 180 overnight?

She didn't do a 180 overnight, this was an ongoing thing. False feelings are very easy to convey by some people, your girl here seems to be an expert.

You have a girlfriend for 5 months, she does something you think is disrespectful and you suddenly drop out of her life without a word? I think that is disrespectful. Perhaps she was asking herself why did you do a complete 180 in such a short time. At least she had the decency to send you a letter. You should have discussed your feelings with her or respectfully ended it in the first place.

• Author

Not to blow my horn, but the disrespectful incident was brought up and discussed and ignored by her as "no big deal, everything is fine". After I did not call the next day, I expected a response or an apology and didn't get it. I don't know if that changes your perspective or not, please reply if it does.

Thanks

sometimes people get back with their ex's just for the hell of showing that they were able to go back to them.

the fact that she dropped it like this after 8 days & won't discuss it with you screams DANGER!!!

Yes, i agree that you should move on ... at least from the info u've given. I'm not sure why u never described how she disrespected you that month ago...

I don't understand something though - u stopped calling, and she didn't bother to check if u'r okay for a whole month?? or did she know u'r fine? if she didn't... she cares nothing about u ...

I check up on my guy if he doesn't call for a couple of DAYS. Of course i'm not happy with him not calling, but i wanna make sure he's alive and well.

just some thoughts...

-yes

• Author

Thanks for the response.

According to her and her friends, she was completely and totally distraught and devastated that I had not called. She has a pride problem and it actually took her therapist to convince her that she had to write the letter. Hope that helps.

... but she just sounds weird.

i'd personally move on... :bunny:

but nobody but you can decide...

-yes

• 2 weeks later...
Its hard but you need to..

I know its hard to forget about someone you loved very dearly but it has to be done. Take it from a guy who knows. I was with a "fantastic girl" who I thought was my one and only for four years. We went our seperate ways for a long weekend, she to see her family, me to a sporting carnival, spoke to her on the Saturday night, everything was fine and dandy.. both said see ya, love ya, miss ya.. etc.. conversation was as good as ever... two days later as I was waiting for her to arrive home, I recieved a sms message, saying I'm breaking up with you... and that was that.. we were living together at the time as well. I pleaded with her for a month to reconsider.. then I collected my thoughts and just concentrated on being true to myself and getting through it. 14 months down the track I'm still surviving.. I'm not completely over it but I know I would never give her a second chance.. again. Some lessons in life are tough mate! Move on.. Some one special, is out there waiting to take your mind off your ex... Good luck!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Women are evil. It's women like her that give us good ones a REALLY PSYCHOTIC name. That girl is living with the "satisfaction" that she got you back. The best revenge is to live a happy life. Go on that trip, take a good friend, possibly a girl, maybe your mom or a sister, they'd love it! You are the better person. And as a woman, I want to say I'm sorry she did that. Find a woman who is really close to her brother or something, and he's been screwed over by a woman too. It will compeltely change a woman's perspective, and she'll be so appreciative if you just take her out to eat...bc that is a gift We are out there.

I quote the band 'MidTown' off of their stickers:

Living well is the best revenge.

Also, my version:

Success is the sweetest victory