Girl Broke up with me keeps texting me.

This girl broke up with me yesterday, now she keeps texting me asking me questions about one of her friends. Is this just an excuse to talk to me? I dont really know what she wants from me. Could somebody shed some light?

Cannot shed light on an object that hasn't been defined yet. Do you understand?

More details. What is she asking? Why'd she break up with you? How long ago?

• Author

lol we broke up yesterday. But she was asking me why I was ignoring her in the halls. And she keeps asking me about her friend because that friend said something about her and she wants to know who it is. So we ended up getting into an argument because I said I wasnt going to say because she never told me anything when we were going out. And she got mad.. See I think she enjoys arguing with me. And am just wondering why she is keeping in contact with me after the day we broke up???

This girl broke up with me yesterday, now she keeps texting me asking me questions about one of her friends. Is this just an excuse to talk to me? I dont really know what she wants from me. Could somebody shed some light?

DS... they broke up yesterday.

If you're hurt and upset, the amount of time you went out together, or the reason, isn't always relevant.

But if she broke up with you, and you wish she wouldn't keep contacting you, the thing to do, is to respond, and respond only once.

And this is what you say.

"Stop contacting me. if we've broken up, I don't want to hear from you ever again."

Then do everything you can, everything possible, everything at your disposal - to erase every means at HER disposal, to keep contacting you.

If that's what you want, that is.

• Author

Thats a little harsh dont you think? I am not just going to tell her to stop contacting because I want her to realize the mistake she made. But im not saying I dont want to contact her Im just wondering why she keeps contacting me a day after we broke up?

I agree with Welk.

But once again, why did she break up with you?

Judging by what you've said, you seem to have some issues. Possibly insecurities, doubts, suspicions... paranoia, even. You may be trying to connect dots that aren't supposed to be connected.

Or you're just in a HS relationship... which doesn't go anywhere 98% of the time.

Thats a little harsh dont you think? I am not just going to tell her to stop contacting because I want her to realize the mistake she made. But im not saying I dont want to contact her Im just wondering why she keeps contacting me a day after we broke up?

That's why I added "If you want to, that is". because as DSM- rightly pointed out - you didn't really come forth with much for usd to go on..... :cool:

She won't realize her mistake if you're always around. Can't miss what you already have, and don't regret what you're not punished for. You sticking around will do nothing but lower her respect for you.

And she keeps contacting you to make sure you don't stray too far; she's using you as an ego boost.

• Author

She broke up with me because she said she was always with me and needed time for her friends to. What doesnt make sense is if she needed space why is she still talking to me? it just confuses me

Ah Jim my friend I can relate now. I hate to be one of the people on this board who turn their replies into replies that hijack the topics in order to talk about themselves, but hopefully you will be able to relate:

My ex broke up for the same reason. Wanted to be with her friends/was too busy with school and work.

Here is your only option Jim.

Tell her you love her and it hurts too much to talk without being together.

Then 100% cut off contact. Seriously. Tell her to contact you when she is ready to be together... and then turn into a ghost. Cut her off 100%.

Or else you'll look like a desperate little insect.

She has come back a few times trying to contact me... but she held strong to not being ready for a relationship again yet... so I held strong by telling her it's too painful to talk and that I can't talk to her til she's ready. And then I cut her off again.

It's your only option.